A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Hey everyone

Hey everyone

How is everyone? Just thought about this site randomly today, thought I'd check it out. Looks like not too many people are around anymore. I haven't used flash in years. Amazing this site and forum are still around. I have a couple kids now, still in DC, nothing much else has changed. Would be good to hear from some of the old timers.

Holy damn.

Dude, I swear I still have your phone number in my phone, somehow it was sync'd up with my Google account ages ago.

I'm recently married, in-between Jamaica and the US - in Columbia, SC right now - and have a nearly teenage son.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

It looks very quiet here. I was also out for some time. Thanks for starting the "Hey" thread. I am retired from my job at the University now, do a lot of sports (running, zumba and yoga), Flash and acting.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Quote Originally Posted by cancerinform View Post
    It looks very quiet here. I was also out for some time. Thanks for starting the "Hey" thread. I am retired from my job at the University now, do a lot of sports (running, zumba and yoga), Flash and acting.
    Running+zumba+yoga = Flash Acting?
    Are you one of those crazy flash mobsters I keep on hearing about?

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Since I left SWiSHzone (over 2 years ago now) I have been trying to get along not working FT. Gives me lots of time for photography, not that I seem to get any better.

My Photoshop skills have improved heaps, did some formal training and that helped me so much it was like using a new bit 'o software. Use it every day.

Miss the wildlife in the CL as it was back in 2000, made so many friends who have faded into the woodwork. Regrets.
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

I've more or less migrated my tool stack over to html5/js/css and doing mostly wordpress theme'ing but still get royally pissed when someone badmouths flash or when I see it used poorly. It's still the best tool for the job but I need to pay bills. I've also earned a bachelors in game art so using all of my free time to build an impressive portfolio for that industry. I'm old.

Hey Gerbick, haha I still have your number in my phone as well, assuming it's the same number from 13+ years ago. My number hasn't changed. Good to hear you are doing well. Wow, a teenage son? We are getting old fast.

Good to hear from you David P. Nice to see you are still around. Yeah, this place was awesome back in the day...used to spend so much time on here. So many fun debates. I miss it!

Ha! It's still the same number man. No way I'm going to give that number away it has my birthday as the last four digits. Dude, don't even remind me of how it feels man. Being here (now) for my upcoming 14th year (holy damn) and soon turning 40.

No longer that young, brash dude that didn't pay attention to the rules. Now? I'm that old dude hugging a red stapler and placed in the basement because I just won't follow the rules.

Or something... Good to hear that you're doing well man.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]