A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Vertical Scrollbar missing in Firefox for Flash 8 website

Vertical Scrollbar missing in Firefox for Flash 8 website

Hi,
    I have a website that I designed in Flash 8 (AS2) but when I upload the files onto the web the vertical scrollbar is missing in Firefox. I had fixed this problem before by linking the HTML file created by Flash to a CSS file and changing a couple of things in the HTML file to reflect to link to the CSS. See below.

The 3rd line of code is just changing the content="text/html” to content="text/css” to linke to the CSS

then adding a <centre> after <body> and </centre> after </body> to make the website vertical.

It worked before but now it wont work I don't know what's wrong. Am I missing something? The swf,css and html files are all uploaded to server so I don't know what is wrong. I can PM the website name to any replies. Thanks

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/css”; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<title>indexx</title>

</head>

<body bgcolor="#ffffff">

<center>

<!--url's used in the movie-->

<!--text used in the movie-->

<!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="1024" height="768" id="indexx" align="middle">

<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />

<param name="movie" value="indexx.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><embed src="indexx.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="1024" height="768" name="indexx" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

</object>

</body>

</center>

</html>

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar
    CSS has code for each browser. Something like:

border-radius: 5px; for all the rest browsers
    -webkit-border-radius: 5px; for chrome and webkit based browsers
    -moz-border-radius: 5px; for mozilla based browsers

So read online about the code you used in your CSS for the scrollbar to change it for each browser accordingly. Wish you success
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

maybe css use html{ overflow-y: scroll;}

Quote Originally Posted by Terrencing View Post
    maybe css use html{ overflow-y: scroll;}
    Thanks for your reply, can you tell me where exactly do I put this in the html code?

Hi,

if you can point us to the web site then we can see the error in action, the radius thing above has nothing to do with it and the overflow thing above would be placed in a stylesheet.

The only way to really know what is going on is to see it, or attach all your files.

Contents removed per the request of zodiacc the OP. (too much personal information)

Steve - Site Administrator

Hi,

With your code ,

you don't need to use these bits:

<!--url's used in the movie-->

<!--text used in the movie-->

<!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->

anything under those titles need not be in your code at all.

as for showing an email in the meta content tags, I'm not so sure it needs to be there either, you will get spam from it wherever you put your site with it there.

You have a flash site so the email address won't get read by bots, if you really need the email to be there you can always stop robots from reading it by using javascript to display it (simple)

Good luck