A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash as2 + php

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar

Flash as2 + php

Hi I have a work multiplayer character movement with login and register for my flash game, its a platform game,

The only problem is my game only shows the x and y positions of my character in flash but it doesnt broadcast the way my character is facing (he has 4 different views up down left right)

So maybe in php and flash someone can help me make something that changes movieclip frames in real time(even if theres a slight delay)

the outcome should look like this: Lets say 2 swf are open and someone changes the frame of a movieclip to frame 2, itl show up for both users with the swf open.

This can hopefully be done with sendAndLoad stuff on php i dont know too much php so if you can leave //comments to guide me in the scripts that would be great. I can give a 1 dollar donation to who ever helps me accomplish this or get near it.

Use a socket

Quote Originally Posted by Alloy Bacon View Post
    Hi I have a work multiplayer character movement with login and register for my flash game, its a platform game,
    So maybe in php and flash someone can help me make something that changes movieclip frames in real time(even if theres a slight delay)

the outcome should look like this: Lets say 2 swf are open and someone changes the frame of a movieclip to frame 2, itl show up for both users with the swf open.
    Hands-down, the best way to do this would be using a socket connection. PHP can be used to create a socket server (simple intro/example), which can communicate with Flash via the XMLSocket class (docs). I know it is possible because I was creating an MMORPG once, moving characters and updating equipped items.