A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: app icons are blured

app icons are blured

And the next problem.

All my self made app Icons on my device are blurred. I do them in photoshop. file size 72x72 px and 320 dpi.
    So it must be very sharp

In flash cs6 air for android i just have 3 sizies 36x36px 48x48px and 72x72px

what is the problem?

You have to look around to find the sizes you need. Flash can't decide for you. Anybody, on any device or app server can require any size icon they want. You make the icons and they're added to your xml. The ones you listed are all small. You need retina icons (2x), store icons, etc. Sorry I don't have a list.

I'd start here: http://developer.android.com/design/...onography.html

I know that my icons are too small but in the air for Android window there are just these three sizes allowed
    In the XML file when i try to change the size it always gives me an error.

This cant be true nobody with the same Problem?
    I thought this is a forum where people try to help each other??? I cant be the only one with this Problem. I got the latest Version of air SDK. But i cant choose the big sizes like 144x144px why???????????

I'm on a new computer so I had to generate certificates to test. Remember, it's Apple and Google that require you to do all of this. The certificates are for Apple and Google to control apps.

Flash generates the xml and updates it. If Flash is overwriting your changes when, don't make any changes to the settings in Flash.

Edit the xml by hand (add your icon nodes) before you publish. You have to add the icon files too. Save the xml. Then, without making any changes, publish. The xml and icons will be published.

Make a copy of the apk file, rename .apk to .zip and go check the \assets\META-INF\AIR\application.xml file (that's location in mine) and you should see your icons.