A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Shape tweens don't reflect on upper layers on Flash CS5

Shape tweens don't reflect on upper layers on Flash CS5

I have this illustration I would like to animate with Flash. For now I'm trying to make the water and the flag wavy by shape tweening.

I imported the file from Illustrator marking the layers I would be animating as "movie clips" (I'm just starting and I don't quite know what I'm doing but saw it recommended in most tutorials).

When trying to animate the water, I inserted a keyframe on frame 1 and other keyframe on frame 12. I want to edit the shape on frame 12 and insert a shape tween so the water looks wavy.

I wasn't able to edit the shape directly from the scene, had to double click on it several times with the selection tool until it says "path" or "Drawing Object". Then I am able to modify it with the direct selection tool.

At this point I can't see in my timeline the keyframes I created on the scene, so I create them again, change the shape, insert the shape tweens, everything's good.

But when I go back to the whole layer or the scene the animation is gone.

What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_2.png

Movie clip animation doesn't play in the timeline. It plays only in an SWF file.

Try changing the symbol to a Graphic.

If that doesn't work, try copying the two keyframes to the Scene 1 timeline. Then apply the shape tween (this will definitely work).