A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash CC freezes in Yes/No windows

Flash CC freezes in Yes/No windows

In Flash CC, in Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit, I'm trying to delete a folder with layers in it. I get the message 'Deleting this layer folder will also delete the layers nested within it. Are you sure you want to delete this layer folder? As soon as this window appears, Flash is frozen and I must use Task Manager to close it.
    The same thing happens when I try to open an FLA that was created in Flash CS3 with Action Script set to 1.0 in Publish Settings. I get the window stating that Flash will convert the file to AS 3.0, but I cannot click the button to approve that, and Flash is locked.
    And the same thing happens in Save As windows. I can rollover the Yes/No buttons and they highlight, but can't click the buttons.
    Also I cannot change the outline color in Layer Properties. When I click on the color swatch beside 'Outline color' it does not display swatches as it should.
    Any ideas on what's causing this?

What I'm finding is that no dialog boxes function at all.
    I can draw, create new layers, etc. But if a dialog window is opened, the buttons don't work, and often Flash Pro CC locks up.
    Any ideas on what might cause this? The software was just downloaded a few days ago, so it must be up to date.
    Thanks very much for any advice.