A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash kit owner,

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar

Flash kit owner,

I understand you need to make money by ad's but its not ok when you are advertising html5

html5 is what has killed the continued growth of flash, what adobe has had to sucuumb too because there own biggest support forums are advertising competitors software, if someone wants to learn flash and html5 thats cool but let them find out about html5 on there own if they are a true developer they will know what they need...

Personally I blame apple and everyone that bought an iphone for the death of flash.
    Steve jobs had some personal retarded dislike of flash(he couldn't control it so he didn't like it), and so many people bought an iphone and were willing to let apple decide what was allowed on their phones.

Since such a large portion of mobile users had iphones businesses wanted their sites and ads targeted towards iphone users, and since iphone users had no flash player it became pointless to develop these things with flash.

So a big F U to Steve jobs corpse, apple, and everyone that helped apple kill off flash by buying iphones!!!

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Ads don't require that much flash skills. Swiffy works just fine for flash conversion of anything that would need to be html5 compliant.

That being said, I'm right there with Random.

Jobs tried to kill flash on mac computers for years as well. It's all been very well documented. Had Apple been smart they would have developed their own swf authoring product and easily competed in the same field. Or bought an swf authoring company and developed from there. The sdk's are free for god sake.

Sad that the great man, i remember that flash swf player not being able to instal on iPhones but didn't know much of it... thought surely it would be changed or overcome somehow. So still no flash player in iPhones ext?

So what is the future of flash!
    <signature removed by admin>

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffasoft View Post
    Sad that the great man, i remember that flash swf player not being able to instal on iPhones but didn't know much of it... thought surely it would be changed or overcome somehow. So still no flash player in iPhones ext?
    I think, there isn't. But it has to be and I hope it'll appear in a short time.
    Custom software development by muranosoft.com will allow to cut-down in-house IT costs.

There were flash players for ios in the beginning. Even though apple was against it. Eventually the only was to get the flash player was to jailbreak your ios device.

These days many a hackware company tries to lure ios and other os users into installing a fake flash player and people are dumb enough to fall for it.

HTML5 isn't to blame. Though, there are some HTML-centric developers that helped spread nonsense about Flash because they didn't like it.

Apple and Steve Jobs were the protagonists. Flash apps and games threatened their fee-based app store model. So they had a business incentive to kill it.

But, ultimately, I place the blame on Adobe. It was their own product and it shocked me how quickly they just rolled over on it because Apple told them to. Can't expect a technology to survive if the owners aren't even willing to defend it against easily disprovable criticisms.

It has been amusing to see people getting excited about interactive elements on web sites done with HTML when the same thing was common with Flash almost 15 years ago.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Flash apps and games threatened their fee-based app store model.
    Which is why people are now making flash apps for app store. You know, like half of billion installed flash apps.

No, the reason there were never flash player for safari is, like Jobs said, because it sucked. In the same way their ios8 brand "new" webgl sucks. Try any moderately complex webgl stuff, watch your battery drained. Just like it did when they tried flash player. Apparently, it just cannot be magically done. I mean, we're talking the browser that has to stop animating pages when scrolling, and you expected the flash to not suck there?

P.S. since I must reply on every thread, I figured why not add the picture, too. Here is a picture of my town that I made two days ago (click for higher resolution):
    Last edited by realMakc; 10-22-2014 at 07:53 PM.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Quote Originally Posted by realMakc View Post
    P.S. since I must reply on every thread, I figured why not add the picture, too. Here is a picture of my town that I made two days ago (click for higher resolution)
    wow, you made a town?
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

I watched an old video on youtube recently that has Steve Jobs saying that he explained to abode that they needed to do two things:

1). Make the player smaller to download.
    2). Improve the security.

Then he goes on to say he didn't hear anything back from adobe!

It is possible he could have just said that and had alternative motives to not include the player. I don't know the politics but it sucks a bit that flash is not ion the iPhones.

well there is air
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2