A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to create password protection of a keyframe?

How to create password protection of a keyframe?

Hello,
    I am having KM 8.5.0, im on the process of making a website and need help. Actually i have made that with AS1 VERSION 8. But the thing is i have a seperate portion of movie which i have made for admin panel so i want to have a password protection for the keyframe which has the links to edit the admin panel. So please help me with it. All i want that a button to assigned for the admin panel and whenever i click it , it will redirect me to a login page where i can put a password and then i can open the admin panel (the keyframe which has the links to edit the control panel). Looking forward for an answer from necro asap.

Regards
    Jay

Super Moderator
    Why are you using AS1 rather than AS3? I am not sure what level of help you are requesting.

Add a dynamic text box and a submit/sign in button. When the button is pressed, test the validity of the entry in the text box and act accordingly.

See http://www.republicofcode.com/tutori...h/password_bc/ for AS3.

Some more info required pls help :)

Thank you Bob. Really appreciate it and sry for the late repy. But actually i dont know the php code which i have to put in the php file to link with the dynamic text, so it can link with the button and accept the password and then move to the keyframe.

Super Moderator
    I don't know php. I would be surprised if the answer to your question isn't available by doing a google search.

Rply

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    I don't know php. I would be surprised if the answer to your question isn't available by doing a google search.
    I didnt got it in google. So i asked you

Hi,

That particular example from the link does not use php, the password is embedded inside the swf.

Here is a simple AS3 php/flash login system, it could easily be converted AS2 if you have trouble with AS3

http://vamapaull.com/password-protec...t-3-0-and-php/

Banned
    Jay1411 thx for the post!
    it's need to know!