A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What do I need for a website game if I want to collect the score in my database?

What do I need for a website game if I want to collect the score in my database?

Help, I need a reality check. Here is my issue and wondering if any of you tech savy people know where I may get the info.

I am a non-tech guy with a business. I have a new interactive site coming on line (being developed by a company which does that type of thing) and I want to have flash type games in the site. However here's the twist which is creating issues. I want to be able to collect the scores that the people achieve while playing the game and provide awards on my site. (the games are to be simple flash type games - the likes of bubble pop and candy crush). The issue appears to be that I can get games on a site but not save the score. That is my first question - is this statement true?

To solve this issue I can buy games with all rights and the actual programming behind them but it appears to be a crap shoot as to whether the game I think is good is actually what the world thinks is good. Who the heck knew that crushing candy was a good game?!?! So what I would like to do is find out how to get games on my site that my 20,000 or so visitors an hour would be interested in playing without trying to guess what is a good game and what is bad. Heck let them tell me...

So I want to be able to capture scores without buying the entire game up front. I would rather pay the developer on a "if they play your game, I will pay you x for each time they play it type deal". Is there anyplace out there where any of you think that I may be able to find something of this sort. Like a site where all gamer developers go who are looking to sell games?

So to recap my questions

1. What degree of ownership do I need of a flash game to capture a score on my site in my database? i.e do I have to own the actual code?

2. If so, is there some place out there in cyber space that I can go to buy simple flash type games in a pay per use type format? Or find game makers who may be willing to enter into a contract where they are paid by use if their game is actually good?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Try search engines, for example google
    <signature removed by admin>