A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Children of the Kingdom - RPG

Children of the Kingdom - RPG

I know we aren't supposed to link out to our fla's but this is pretty huge file and I would like anyone that want's to help or learn to see it in its full...ness... is that a word? Well I need help with a few things and I encourage anyone who is familiar with AS2 to help out if you'd like.

Anyway, this is the Turn Based RPG that I've been working on for about 3 years or so? I don't remember, I've scoured the internet for a logn time trying to string together enough code to make a working 2D RPG system that doesn't adhere to the average tile based systems. There is a lot of problems and things that still don't work as well as plot that isn't finished, but it's very far along. I've taken the time to go through most of the actionscript and comment exactly what things do, anyone with basic AS2 knowledge won't be completely lost and those who aren't too good at AS2 may learn something. Here is the file, and below it I will list features, things that need to be done, and things that are still broken

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yd...gdom_-_RPG.fla

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1p...gdom_-_RPG.swf

Features:
    Start menu (works with keyboard as well)
    Stat screen
    Inventory screen
    Random Battles
    character interactions
    conversations
    cutscenes
    boss battles (only one so far)
    level requirements for story progression
    inn system
    working level system and exp system
    keyboard controlled turn based battle system (menu is still a bit buggy, I originally intended the entire game to be keyboard controlled)

Needs:
    working item system with equipable that increase stats items and consumables

a shop to accompany that of course

a map that displays current position in the map tab of course

save and load system? (dunno about this one)

(if anyone can design better towns or backgrounds, that'd be nice since I'm horrible at backgrounds)

broken:
    probably a lot,

in battle inventory screen doesn't work/ cant close without resetting the battle

random bug that sometimes causes an enemy to because invincible depending on the order you attack them in

sound control needs work

(at least on the boss) defending sometimes causes an enemy attack to heal the player rather than damage them

I think thats it. Enjoy my lifes work
    Last edited by xenomaren; 12-18-2014 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added swf

It's come to my attention that the link to that file is down. My apologies to anyone working on this, here is an updated link to a newer file of the same project:
    FLA:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/jx..._-_RPG2k15.fla
    SWF:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/jx..._-_RPG2k15.fla

In addition to progressing the storyline a little, I've added a party system as well as a few new playable characters. Up to four players on stage at a time during battles, and a bar for a new Burst system I'm working on (when the bar is full you can launch a special attack)

This new system has, however, broken some of the way the enemy damages the players, as well as keeping HP and Chenre current when leaving a battle. Now it just resets again; so if anyone has any ideas for that, that would be helpful. Also I'm still looking for anyone who can help make a working inventory/item system with consumables and equippable weapons and armor that boost stats when equipped.

Also, any feedback at all is welcome, just tell me if you guys even like this or not.

UPDATE 3/6/2015:

I can see you guys downloading the files, so I'm just going to update them regularly (whenever I make new breakthroughs) and if you guys have anything new to add, post them here or email me at Xenomaren@gmail.com or message me on here and we can sync things up.

Things Fixed:

-I fixed the way the main enemy attacks, so now it can fight with any number of players on the field and damage them each properly

-I fixed keeping HP and Chenre values current in and out of battle

-fixed the inn*

Things Broken

-inn doesn't take proper amount of money when used. It drains whatever you start with. this might be an issue with the variables

- when characters level up, their HP and Chenre are healed up to the values they were at before they leveled up,

(and example is if a character's HP is 150 max, and they level up, their new HP would be like 168 but the game only heals them to 150)

I'm currently looking into this one

- there is a position (343y61 on the worldmap) where if the player walks into it, they get stuck. there doesn't appear to be anything there however. I may just re-create the worldmap but this is a very odd issue

- sometimes when adding new characters into the party, all of their stats become NaN, rendering that character useless for the play through. I'm not sure what causes this

Things Needed

- I still don't understand arrays well enough to make a usable inventory system. I don't need movie clips attached to items, I just want a list of items that when selected in a menu, will affect the players. Like healing potions and whatnot.

-I need to draw and plan the second boss fight, the Asai Duo (they are currently a black and orange square on the side of the screen)

- More plot (I want to make sure the game works before I start writing more plot and increasing the file size any more)

- I need to re-do the battle menu so that I can have characters learn more attacks as they level, as well as use their Burst Attacks

- I'm figuring out how I can play cutscenes during battle without ruining the battle. This will be used to display custom cutscenes during the fight depending on which character used their Burst Attack

new FLA:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2q...rst_Attack.fla

Hi,

Although I cant really help you I did try to download your file and it ended up corrupt and unopenable.
    I can give you this tip, if all your sounds are in library folder, make a copy of your file and delete the sounds library before you upload, I imagine this will make your file more like 100mbs instead of 480mb.
    With the sounds missing it should not be a problem or so much of a problem when editing the file, when all is good put the sounds library back in, or just copy and past the code from the edited file to the one with the sounds in.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbeard View Post
    Hi,

Although I cant really help you I did try to download your file and it ended up corrupt and unopenable.
    I can give you this tip, if all your sounds are in library folder, make a copy of your file and delete the sounds library before you upload, I imagine this will make your file more like 100mbs instead of 480mb.
    With the sounds missing it should not be a problem or so much of a problem when editing the file, when all is good put the sounds library back in, or just copy and past the code from the edited file to the one with the sounds in.
    Dear god, I'm so sorry hahah I knew the sounds would make the file size bigger, but I didn't think it would add THAT much. The new file size is about 50 MB. Sorry about that ^^;

New FLA 3.12.15
    https://www.mediafire.com/?cdqp6k3smwcc2ae

*bump* I've been working more with arrays trying to figure out a good item system, but I still can't quite figure it out. I'm trying to make one that will stack consumables on top of each other, and non consumables obviously wont stack.

Inventory:

Potion x99
    Hi-Potion x23
    Legendary Sword
    Broken Sword

ect.

The non consumables, when equipped, will be able to edit the stats of whatever character they are equipped on. If anyone has any ideas or has made any progress, tell me here or email me as xenomaren@gmail.com, I'd probably see it almost immediately then

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    you might want to encrypt those potion stacks into letters/numbers and get it from a database requested by your server, or else someone can just modify those variables in ram

wow, how you that alloy, can you show example of encrpy to server and get back.
    How will YOU modify these in ram, can you show us too pleese

can we worry about someone hacking the game AFTER its made?

Use a hex editor of any kind that can read the ram open the ram process for ur flash game select in and the vars are stored as doubles in 8 bytes and than u make ur own double int in prob c++ and paste it in and save and than u need a function that would trigger the number to recieve an update so ud prob collect something to add to that to show it visibley for the server stuff u can use java or c++ or php or all 3 an example code would be too long

Im going to make mine more rigorous but here is my first version, you can load up new encryption libraries and orders each time someone logs in etc..

to encrypt and set it you will use
    root.rng_encrypt(_root.my_name,"my_name");
    by providing the variable to encrypt, and the variable name in a string
    to decrypt it you would use
    trace(_root.rng_decrypt(_root.my_name));
    and the function gives u it returned.

PHP Code:
    var rng_encrypt_lib:Array = new Array(
    "vjd3s2","du4ci","4345bd","7cds8","434hfx",
    "f438x","89v7cd","76j5e","5c6x70","8c6du",
    "439dvs","9027v","4389dz","32489","3442nf",
    "43jnr","r432on","342nj","432ksd","34n2k",
    "32dcvz","564tr","34rdbg","32rfs","34fdsf","f32rf","45gdf5");

var 
    rng_decrypt_lib:Array = new Array(
    "a","b","c","d","e","f","g",
    "h","i","j","k","l","m","n",
    "o","p","q","r","s","t","u","v",
    "w","x","y","z"," ");

var 
    my_name:String "alloy bacon";

function 
    rng_encrypt(data_string,var_name){
    temp_name "";
    temp_step 0;
    for(
    i=0;i<rng_decrypt_lib.length;i++){
    if(
    data_string.charAt(temp_step) == _root.rng_decrypt_lib[i]){

temp_step++;

temp_name+=_root.rng_encrypt_lib[i];

i=-1;
        if(
    temp_step == data_string.length){

_root[var_name] = temp_name;
    }}}}

function 
    rng_decrypt(data_string){
    temp_name "";
    temp_step 0;
        for(
    i=-1;i<_root.rng_encrypt_lib.length;i++){  
            if(
    _root.rng_encrypt_lib[i] == data_string.substr(temp_step,5)){

temp_name += _root.rng_decrypt_lib[i];

temp_step+=1;

i=-1;
            }
            if(
    _root.rng_encrypt_lib[i] == data_string.substr(temp_step,6)){

temp_name += _root.rng_decrypt_lib[i];

temp_step+=1;

i=-1;
            }
            if(
    ==_root.rng_encrypt_lib.length-&& temp_step data_string.length){

temp_step+=1;

i=-1;
            }
            if(
    temp_step == data_string.length){
                if(
    temp_name == ""){

trace("decryption failed, ban player?");
                return(
    "%failed%");
                break;
                }else{
                return(
    temp_name);
                break;
                }
            }
        }

}

_root.rng_encrypt(_root.my_name,"my_name");
    trace(_root.rng_decrypt(_root.my_name)); 

the game isnt set up for a server, it's a singleplayer game, actionscript 2, with no working item system in place. Did you look at the file I provided?

well if its going to be played on a browser its technically already have a server, so just do the extra php or perl
    Last edited by AS3.0; 12-14-2015 at 02:33 AM.

This guy make standalone swf not using server, so he say, best use as3 is easiest to make save local files, or use share object on either 2 or 3.

You encryp code is no safe in one way at all, you give code and encrypting keys to every person who look at your file, even if you change it each time.
    Flash bad for that alone, do it on the server end after falsh end, better.

you have make successful rppg games alloys in past, you help him maybe.

best thing would be to use as2 and throw in the as3 .cpp libraries u need and change the built in function names to crypt letters, since its going to be from your own flash player client might as well make it yours
    Last edited by AS3.0; 12-15-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Did our man get the help he is needs?
    AS3 with classes is actually more like c++

Xeno post ur swf on a site so i can try it i dont wanna download anything lol

no, if you're not going to bother downloading a 50mb file to open up and look at how the game works/is constructed then I don't need your help. Everything you're talking about is completely irrelevant to the game itself and furthering it's construction.

there is no working item system in place and therefor does not need to be encrypted in the first place

Its not construction its a script dude calm down ill give u a working script saturday that u can rip

ok