A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Children of the Kingdom - RPG

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    to much clicking required to get info from inventory item and needs visual item drawing just give hover pop up item details... pretty smooth gameplay, it was hard as heck to fight idk how to fight it says click fight buttons but nothing happens im sure it works but for a newbie to the game i couldnt even hit the thing i like how you can click i to open inventory yeaa maybe everyones a critic but hopefully my info helps you improve it
    Last edited by AS3.0; 12-31-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloy Bacon View Post
    to much clicking required to get info from inventory item and needs visual item drawing just give hover pop up item details... pretty smooth gameplay, it was hard as heck to fight idk how to fight it says click fight buttons but nothing happens im sure it works but for a newbie to the game i couldnt even hit the thing i like how you can click i to open inventory yeaa maybe everyones a critic but hopefully my info helps you improve it
    no no, the whole reason I went through all the trouble to make these menus work this way is because this entire game is supposed to be keyboard controlled. You shouldn't be using the mouse to do anything. Imagine this as a Gameboy game. To play this game you need nothing more than

Arrow Keys
    "I" Key (which is basically the "start" button)
    Spacebar (basically the A button)
    Backspace (basically the B button)

thats it. No hover menus, no visual representation of the items, no drag and flippin drop. The game is supposed to be very Final Fantasy-esqe, thats kind of the point. I only have on click events enabled in the game for testing purposes in the first place, in fact I should take them out now anyway.

new years, where is the game you makes alloy, let us se the game and make critic toward you game, maybe it might help you along.
    sometime people find thing you not and sometime people not know how to work game so quick as maker, find but and say thing maker not like, but all help.

You still have map that coder make for original code, you need change map area too, i not find much battle zone too.
    just run around looking a tmenu and back,

volume and pan not work too, just telling
    Last edited by Dezoid; 01-01-2017 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezoid View Post
    You still have map that coder make for original code, you need change map area too, i not find much battle zone too.
    just run around looking a tmenu and back,

volume and pan not work too, just telling
    the random battles are currently reduced because I needed to test the scripted conversations in the Sea of Trees. Was hard to do that with a random battle happening each time I walked in the door. It'll be readjusted in the final product, but for testing purposes we have the Battle button that automatically puts you in a fight if you need to gain exp.

Also I'm removing the volume and pan button, as I couldn't get them to work since they game runs music at max volume each time a song changes, meaning you'd have to keep going back to it each time you change towns. I'm pretty sure you can only access that screen by using the mouse anyway, stop using the mouse. If you select that button with the keyboard, sound should be muted.