A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Children of the Kingdom - RPG

bump, I'm still working on this

you do not seem to be making much progress since 2013
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Quote Originally Posted by realMakc View Post
    you do not seem to be making much progress since 2013
    because I still do not have a working item system, and not a whole lot of people are volunteering to help. I'm stuck at the same roadblocks

but it was like half a year since aloy gave you item system code. you could glue it to your game in all that time. dont worry, I have these dormant projects, too. however, I don't bump the threads when I have no actual updates.

Quote Originally Posted by realMakc View Post
    but it was like half a year since aloy gave you item system code. you could glue it to your game in all that time. dont worry, I have these dormant projects, too. however, I don't bump the threads when I have no actual updates.
    Alloy gave me a system that (because I'm guessing he also didnt look at the game, just like you) didn't work. It's not dormant, I'm currently working elsewhere in the game (the battle system) to develop status ailments as well as getting each individual character the ability to use separate physical and chenre attacks.

ex: Azul would be able to select "Physical" and a dropdown menu would open allowing him to select from 4 different "physical" attacks.

I'll keep bumping until someone with a brain wants to help. If you have nothing to contribute, you can kindly ignore it

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    The big question is where is angelhdz

Quote Originally Posted by Alloy Bacon View Post
    The big question is where is angelhdz
    who dat?

he no show for longest time so farr.
    not no weather he come again or no.
    he no better than alloy though, but he would helping you

alloy i find these post you make sometimes ago.

Alloy Bacon 28-Jul-2014 13:05 (in response to Dhivakar dkear)

Adobe can you please!! please please! atleast give us adobe air for as2 so we can publish to android and ios, I would make some amazing apps for android, i dont have time to learn as3! i took 4 years to fully understand as2 and use it with php and xml to its full potential and then you take it away from us, atleast make the runtime open source so someone can hack it to work on android!
    how come you make array like you do in this post if you claim this.

why does firefox get the as2 for android

you can try privute mesage him, maybe he answer

Honestly, I'd pay whoever can figure this out cause this game has a few other issues I'd like help with after this is solved. I'll throw down $50 usd to whoever can make a good item system with these reqs

- Has to be able to draw from a database of different item types (consumable, weapon, armor, accessory)
    - consumables must be able to "stack" (weapons, armor, accessories dont need to stack) <most important part
    - consumables must be able to directly affect hp/mp values (heal and the like)
    - Weps armor acc. must have values attached to them so they can affect the character's stats when equipped (ex.strength +10 or something)
    - items must be able to be bought and sold
    - items must be able to be displayed in text (movieclips of each item is not really necessary)
    - AS2
    - pretty much this
    FFX-2_Item_Menu.jpg

Literally if possible, use Final Fantasy 7 (or any FF game) as a basis for how the item system should work. If you can get it close to that, I'll pay you immediately.

so far bacon had the best system, but it needs a little more work. Was missing a lot of needed features

well once i add the view source option[</>] to indocastles you can rip off that.

i can not even open you web page neve mind reader source code, you page never load

^ hes right

Quote Originally Posted by xenomaren View Post
    I'll throw down $50 usd to whoever can make a good item system with these reqs
    maybe post to https://www.bountysource.com/ or something?

6.21.16 Update

6.21.16 Update

Added:

-Point of Interest System
    Characters who have not previously been spoken to will now display an (!) above their head. This will go away when spoken to

-Dialogue update
    characters will now have the ability to say something completely different when talked to a second time. After initiating the first conversation, you may walk away and come back to the same character to talk to them again and view a different dialog

-Gamemsg update
    gamemessages will now allow for more than one line of dialogue and can also be dismissed by finishing the dialogue. So rather than popping up once and being annoying, you can read more and they go away upon completion. This is helpful for parts of the storyline where characters need to have a conversation with each other to better understand whats happening

-Tutorial Stage
    with the help of the new systems, I've made it so you can't leave Yorke without gaining your first ally (Malforn) that way you dont wander into the forest and die alone

I've also updated the tutorial Villager in front of the Inn to have a second line of dialogue explaining battles better

-CheatCode

there is a hidden secret in the top right corner of Yorke that will unlock all the characters for you. I currently use it for testing purposes

In addition to this, I've locked all the characters so you can't just leave town and go add stronger people to your party immediately and insta win. without unlocking the cheat, you can't select characters that arent available to you yet

-EXP Things
    players that die during battle will now no longer receive exp
    Players that are alive and level up will be fully healed

Battle Updates

-Status Bar
    during battle a status bar will display at the bottom of the screen reading damage inflicted and taken as well as giving you status ailment updates
    for now, this is a bit broken on when it displays but I wanted the idea in place

-Status Ailments
    there are now status ailments in the game that will affect how players fight and their stats and whatnot
    for now, these must be manually turned on, but soon I will make them able to be inflicted during battle

-Item System
    I have the basis of an item system forming, for now its ****ty drag and drop until I figure out how to make the values in the database stack. In the first frame on the Game Brain line is where i'm currently working on stacking duplicates

I don't, however, like my current system at all and I'd still like help with it.

-Shop

in addition to the item system, I've also added a working shop system, however, your money value can go into the negatives while using it and I need to stop that

-Treasure
    you can now find dropped treasure, I'm working on making it so picking up the items is a choice, but for now, just walk up and grab it and it will be added to your inventory. There are more items and money in the Sea of Trees

-Aesthetics
    changed the world map to reflect how large I want the first continent to be, more towns and stuff will be added once I draw out a better map of the world. For now, just go up into the sea of trees and into Redum to fight the first boss

you'll still be booted from the castle if you're not level 5 when you attempt to fight the first boss

http://www.mediafire.com/download/59..._-_6212016.fla

10.11.16 Update

Added:

- New...er controls
    I've figured out how to assign controls to any button I choose. Later, when the game is closer to completion, I'll likely change up the entire design, but for now, I've only changed one thing: You press "I" to bring up the menu, thats it. everything else is still spacebar as ****

-Stackable Items
    This is why I take breaks from the code, sometimes I come back with really good ideas. I've managed to finally get those pesky items to stack the way I want them to. Enter the keyboard controlled menu and go to items and it'll split into four different categories, Items, Weapons, Armor, Accessories. The lists are populated, but I'm still perfecting this so I haven't had time to display the separate lists for weapons and armor and acc. I had a lot of trouble making the item list not say "undefined" a million times for unused slots, but I figured it out.

So it works!

The keyboard controlled menu that you will select and use items with can only scroll through the 45 slots by going up and down right now, maybe if I have time i'll set it up so you can go left and right but thats a whole lot more code I'd have to go back and do.

-Next

Now I have to work on making the items usable, making the item screen update in real time (when you pick up an item, its added to the database in the script, but the game itself wont reflect that outside of the ghetto shop I set up.) making the items equippable and of course, making the items do ****.

-Battle Menu

I went through the trouble of making a new battle menu so I can expand the fight. Characters will soon be able to choose from a list of 3 Physical Attacks and 3 Chenre attacks, each specific to that character. I'm going to make the menu run a script that will draw from a small attack list blah blah blah, thats all later. Also made a Burst button that will only appear when a character has Burst available. I haven't set up the variable in game yet but its there somewhere. That button is able to be individualized since it will trigger a character specific in game cutscene that will deal a **** ton of damage to all enemies on the field. Thus, a Burst attack, and yay we finally get to use that ****ty little yellow bar I set up a year ago lol

So yeah, I'm still working on this, thanks to people who stick with it and care about the updates. I actually learned to split arrays thanks to AlloyBacon and that in itself was a big breakthrough to making these stackable items. The code isnt a flush or clean as I want it to be but hell, whatever works works man. I just want the coding issues worked out so I can get back to actually designing the game and plot.

SWF: so you can see whats up before you download
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ts858...stackmessy.swf

FLA: so you can look deep into the code. I go through the process of explaining how I made the stacking system work inside the ItemSystem frame in here if anyone is interested
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/b340x2...stackmessy.fla

Don't forget this is all still AS2
    Last edited by xenomaren; 10-11-2016 at 03:08 AM.

me be getting in some house, sayin inn
    there be some green female
    cant talk to her, but there is button to battle
    press that, but now instead of female there are 3 beasts
    press run, says you cant escape
    wtf