A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Children of the Kingdom - RPG

oh and btw,
    none of the attacks work, he's just standing there, and so does his white gf (who also does not actually follow him when he walks around)
    when you choose an attack, 3rd level buttons do not disappear, and when you choose an attack again, they get overlapped by new buttons
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Quote Originally Posted by realMakc View Post
    me be getting in some house, sayin inn
    there be some green female
    cant talk to her, but there is button to battle
    press that, but now instead of female there are 3 beasts
    press run, says you cant escape
    wtf
    As with any NPC in the game, you walk up to the person you want to speak to and press the space bar. When you're close enough a little prompt should show up in the bottom right corner. Its honestly not that hard to figure out.

The battle button as I've said before is only there to quickly enter battle for developing purposes. The run button is fully fuctional but works on a chance based system. I know the battle is wonky right now, if you read I haven't finished the new menu yet, but phys1 and chenre1 both work for the old attacks from before. Press the space bar when they're selected and they work. Trust me I know the current issues, this is an update not a complete project

This update was to bring you guys the new stackable item system which has been a pain in my ass since I started this game. Battle can wait
    Last edited by xenomaren; 10-11-2016 at 03:48 AM.

Also she's never going to follow you around, the party is only visible in the party menu and in battle. Its an RPG mate. You're able to have up to 4 playable characters in the party at once, I'm not going to animate them all walking around behind you. That's obnoxious

I'm currently working on another update. I have fixed the battle system/battle menu, so that works fine now. I've also added Burst attacks, so that little bar wont be totally useless now. I'm currently re-vamping character animations since I have to add new ones anyway. I figured I might as well since I was getting sick of the main character looking like 2008 babydrawing crap. I'm also adding a new playable character, Laava. All of these characters will now be able to choose from 3 separate Physical attacks and 3 separate Chenre attacks each specific to the currently selected character. Of course this means I'll have to draw about 4 new attack animations per existing character and 6 separate attack animations for Laava since I'm adding him. I think you guys will like him though, hes got a scythe. In addition to all the new attacks I have to draw, Burst attacks are carried out via a cutscene, so each character will have their own custom cutscene that will play when a Burst attack is selected to play

For now I'm putting the item system on hold while I draw all this ****. Gonna make the game look a little better while I'm still in the mood to draw basically the same picture 450 times. Just bear with me guys
    Last edited by xenomaren; 11-16-2016 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xenomaren View Post
    ...while I'm still in the mood to draw basically the same picture 450 times.
    Just think of Walt Disney or Hayao Miyazaki who did many hours of animation )

Quote Originally Posted by realMakc View Post
    Just think of Walt Disney or Hayao Miyazaki who did many hours of animation )
    It's been 4 days and so far I have Laava's standing animation, one attack, and his defense animation. 5 more attack animations to go and I still have to draw the cutscene for his Burst attack :')

quick question, say I have an array: _global.items = [0,1,1,2,3,6,4,8,3,2]

and I wanted to remove the 4 using actionscript, how would I go about that? I feel like I'm so bad with simple array stuff lol

you should try google.com, it's really useful site

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as2/refe...5f6e-797f.html

Hi,

Yes is goojul is very useful at times, but here is also an answering place but from time to time a lot of us post a link instead.

here are a couple of ways, basically the same as each other just different usage

PHP Code:
    _global.items = [0112364832];

function 
    numberSplice(whichArraynumberToSplice)
    {
        for (var 
    i:Number 0whichArray.lengthi++)
        {
            if (
    whichArray[i] == numberToSplice)
            {

whichArray.splice(i,1);
                break;
            }
        }
        return 
    whichArray;
    }
    trace(numberSplice(items4));

//-------------------------------------

_global.otherItems = [99172311233267483332900];

//trace(numberSplice(otherItems, 333));// using other method

Array.prototype.indexed = function(value)
    {
        for (var 
    a:Number 0this.lengtha++)
        {
            if (
    this[a] == value)
            {

this.splice(a,1);
                break;
            }
        }
        return 
    this;
    };

trace(otherItems.indexed(23)); 

ha, I thought he just needs to remove forth element.

any way, can't you do while ((i = arr.indexOf(4)) > -1) arr.splice (i, 1) ? or does as2 have no indexOf ?

Hi,

indexOf is for strings I believe

well it's there in javascript, which adobe claimed as1 was based off, so I thought it should be there

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    indexOf only works for strings in as2
    Last edited by AS3.0; 12-27-2016 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbeard View Post
    Hi,

Yes is goojul is very useful at times, but here is also an answering place but from time to time a lot of us post a link instead.

here are a couple of ways, basically the same as each other just different usage

PHP Code:
    _global.items = [0112364832];

function 
    numberSplice(whichArraynumberToSplice)
    {
        for (var 
    i:Number 0whichArray.lengthi++)
        {
            if (
    whichArray[i] == numberToSplice)
            {

whichArray.splice(i,1);
                break;
            }
        }
        return 
    whichArray;
    }
    trace(numberSplice(items4));

//------------------------------------- 

Thank you Fruitbeard. Obviously if I ask you guys a question, I've likely googled my ass off already. We've got the pro's here anyway. Also yes, Fruit, that is EXACTLY what I needed. A nice little function to remove whatever element from the array that I choose at will. I've already implemented it into the code.

With this code together with what I've been working on, we now have the ability to use an item, have it affect your HP, Chenre, or Burst, and (with Fruitbeard's function) REMOVE the used item from the current inventory.

appreciate the quick reply man!

I will water the fruit tree this time... *waters paypal balance*

Hi,

Thanks Alloy, but what are you parting with your dollars for, it's not as if this is your thread or question, perhaps you benefitted from the previous posts.
    You can always pm me if you do such things, no need to declare it here randomly like so.

Glad it helpd xeno

*examines tree* hmm seems to be a cactus of the desert with dragon fruit!

Hi,

Soon be on 700 Alloy through your useless random comments on others threads.
    Congratulations x

12.30.16 Update
    12.30.16 Update

Added:

-Functional Item System
    Consumable items are now fully functional and will work on both the World Map and in battle!

Press the "I" key on your keyboard to open the menu, then select Items to enter the Inventory screen. From here you will have four options: ITEM, WEAPON, ARMOR, ACCESSORY. Each button will take you to a different inventory with different items.

(avoid the items that clear status effects, as the game isn't set up to give you status effects, those items aren't functional as of yet. I should finish up the code the stops you from using them in battle, but for now you should be unable to use them in town just fine. An error message should display telling you you are not inflicted with a status ailment)

When on the Inventory screen, you can choose to use, discard, or exit. Discarding an item will reduce its number from the stack and item will be lost. Using the item will bring you to a screen to select whom you want to use the item on, afterwards the item will be used and removed from the stack.

-Weapons and accessories are not currently able to be equipped as I can't seem to get them to properly update stats. Or, to be precise, the values change , but won't properly display in game yet so thats not done

Battle Updates

-Items
    As I said before, Items are now able to be used in battle. Select the Item button during a fight and it will bring you to the consumable inventory after which you'll be asked to select an item, and then select a target for the item. If you use an item on a character, the effect will be applied and your turn will end.

(revival items only heal you since Incapacitated is a status ailment and those aren't fully functional yet. I plan to make items other than the revival items unusable on Incapacitated party members, so they must be alive before you can use anything else on them, meaning you can only use revival items on them before anything else.)

-New Character Models
    WIP. I currently only have Azul's stand animation and Laava's character model is entirely new. I plan to re-draw all of the playable characters as well as their new attacks.

-Attack Lists
    Each playable character now has the ability to choose from 7 different attacks. 3 Physical attacks, 3 Chenre attacks, and 1 devastating BURST attack.

When the BURST BAR reaches 100, it will begin to flash for that character and an extra button will appear, allowing for a powerful Burst attack that will attack all enemies on the stage via a unique animation.

(currently only Azul and Malforn are capable of BURST attacks, and even then, only Malforn has an actual animation. I'm working on drawing new unique animations for each character and adding more to Malforn's to make it longer and more dramatic.)

(I haven't drawn all 6 attacks for every individual character yet, so if you happen to select an attack with no animation, the game will tell you that animation is not available and your turn will be lost.)

-LAAVA MEILLE
    I've added a new playable character, Laava to the game. He is the King of a place not currently programmed into the game, but he does eventually become playable. For now, the only way to play him is to immediately use the Battle button on the bottom right when starting a new game. He will be overwritten with Malforn if you attempt to leave Yorke.

-Laava is a part of the new character battle models I'm drawing. As I'm giving these ones more detail, they take longer to pump out, as such he only has two functional attacks: "Phys - Incapacitate" and "Phys - Excecute"

-Treasure
    This was in the last update, but now that items actually work, picked up items will be added to your inventory and will stack with existing items in your inventory

FLA
    I fixed some weird error that was occuring within the .fla file that was causing there to be too many copies of the same sound, as well as embedding some font that was missing. I'm pretty sure by now everyone has Trajan Pro on their pc, but if not, I suggest getting it to see how the game is "supposed" to be displayed

I'm trying to balance code and art here, so sorry for missing so many of the animations, but I'd rather have the functionality in place and have it lead to a blank frame than not have it at all. These animations are all by hand so they take a long ass time to get done, and in addition to that, I recently broke my tablet pen, so likely we won't see fully realized animations until later in 2017, but for now enjoy Laava and Azul's new look.

Mediafire links:
    SWF: http://www.mediafire.com/file/s97dag...-_12302016.swf
    FLA: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hhqada...-_12302016.fla

Also I'm not entirely sure what the hell is wrong with MediaFire, but it seems to have a very slow download speed, so I will also upload the files to google drive as wel
    Last edited by xenomaren; 12-31-2016 at 11:09 AM.