A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Using the line tool to separate a bitmap

Using the line tool to separate a bitmap

hello,
    I am trying to create a puzzle and in order to do that I imported an image and used the break apart tool to make it editable.
    then i proceeded to draw lines to segment the picture and according to my tutorial (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/ar...mberedheader_6) that should make the different parts of the image selectable.
    My problem is that when I try to select parts of the image, the whole image becomes selected, does anyone know why?
    attached image- forumquestion.jpg

Could be a number of possible errors, a picture alone simply won't be sufficient to debug your problem, sorry :P

Could you upload your FLA file or something? Are you sure the lines are connecting, any empty space between them won't separate the bitmap. Are all the lines of the same thickness and color? Are they connecting with the outer borderlines? Have you tried creating one long line separating the bitmap in two pieces where the lines are going outside of the bitmap borders? If so, does that separate the bitmap? If not, then something's up with your file or image or something, FLA file would be lovely
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

never mind i figured it out, the thread can be locked.
    I think it has something to do with the "object drawing" mode