A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: imported swf and lost formatting

imported swf and lost formatting

Hello,

I have a swf movie file that was created from koolmoves. I no longer have the koolmoves fun file.

When I attempt to import the swf into a new koolmoves file, some of the formatting is lost and so is the actionscript that loads the text boxes with my external txt files.

How do I import the swf to include the actionscript.

I am running Koolmoves version 9.2.2.

Super Moderator
    Are you importing the swf as an editable movie or as an object? KoolMoves does an imperfect job of importing action script when importing as an editable movie, definitely not importing AS3 and possibly not importing AS1. Other information is also not properly imported from an editable movie. I believe that Flash also doesn't import action script (when I checked quite a few years ago). The swf is incredibly compressed down to the bit level that it is a major task to reconstruct the information.

I have used Action Script Viewer to debug action script problems. It will decompile a swf including action script -- http://www.buraks.com/asv/

Yes. I am trying to import it as an editable movie. I just need to know how to load text into a dynamic text box that's inside of a movie clip.

Super Moderator
    Are you using AS1 or AS3?