Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    PHP Code:
    on(release){
        if(
    as4 == true){

trace("ill make the jump");
        }

ha ha well, I've got more bad news, from 2013
    Previous iterations of this document laid out a roadmap for exploratory virtual machine and language innovations from Adobe to be pursued via a rearchitected Flash Player (referred to as Flash Player "Next" and ActionScript "Next"). However, by its nature, this type of architectural innovation is disruptive and generally not backwards-compatible. As Adobe has learned in the past from transitions between generations of virtual machines (from ActionScript 2 to ActionScript 3), this places a high burden on developers who want to take advantage of features and APIs which may only be available via the new runtime, or which may require significant porting of content, frameworks, and libraries. Given this, as well as the growing importance of browser-based virtual machines, Adobe will focus its future Flash Player development on top of the existing Flash Player architecture and virtual machine, and not on a completely new virtual machine and architecture (Flash Player "Next") as was previously planned. At the same time, Adobe plans to continue its next-generation virtual machine and language work as part of the larger web community doing such work on web-based virtual machines.
    TL;DR there are going to be no significant improvements neither in language nor in virtual machine.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Then I guess we're stuck with AS2 then

PHP Code:
    while(as2 == true && as4 == false) {

trace("continue using as2");

I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

You can always go back to AS1 (aka JavaScript :-)

PHP Code:
    var as3:Boolean true;
    if (
    as3)
    {

trace("Try it, see it better");

it's 2015 and flashkit still thinks we are posting php code

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar
    "I can not understand AS3, its so hard to understand event listeners, and its syntax is sooo different from AS2 (clip.width instead of clip._width) , and I'm so used to AS2, with a lot of enterFrames and if/elses, and code on buttons, and a lot of movieclips on stage with visible true/false, i will hate AS3, and stick to a dying language until the end of the days."

addChild( LOLImage );
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

well it got verbose. although if you ignore warnings you can get away without :TypeName-s, which shrinks the code by 25% I guess. And makes it much slower.

clip.width not so different to clip._width.
    onEnterFrames is disgusting bit of code, bad bad, ok little times.
    Code on button and clip make for bad coding, no find code.
    visible is same, except the _. or no visible.
    addChild is only if adding from library or duplicating etc etc. better than attachMove or duplicateMovieClip.
    also add clip direct to stage as before in every flash version so far.
    event listener is still a listener, like as2

what problem ?
    Last edited by Terrencing; 02-13-2015 at 02:25 AM.

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with as2, you are just not going to make anything from it on mobile phone and touchscreen stuff (money orientated stuff).
    I still use as2 for various things here and there, plenty people do, in my opinion as3 is far superior, if not a lot less forgiving, you get one bit of code wrong or forgot to declare a var and the output/compiler error screen screams at you.

People did the same going from as1 to as2 at first, but then again as3 has been for going at least 5 years now or so

http://www.senocular.com/flash/tutor...3withflashcs3/

as2 is a superior language, any product made by Adobe was given 100% even if it was made 10 years ago, why do you think the company is always in a monopoly, they dominate the market for pretty much every web application, believe it or not there are still as1 web applications on the web, you just don't know because you don't notice, use the version that works for your product, simple as that, I dont need the extra features in as3, as2 has everything I need as long as it can communicate with php, which it f#cking can...

No doubt AS3 is far superior than AS2, but I also still use AS2 if I wanna quickly throw something together -- it's so easy to get started. In comparison, let's say you want to try something quickly in Java -- you'd have to declare a lot and have a bunch of files laying around with no GUI, making AS2 far more attractive when testing, experimenting and what not.

@Alloy Bacon: actually, yeah, now that you mention it, AS2 is actually really powerful -- it's just that AS3 has a different way of doing things which people who are used to other languages like better (and it's prolly more effective as well, but AS2 has way less redundant codes -- I just hate those addEventListeners one after the other...). I am still mindblown over HOW many things Macromedia Flash 8 can do -- I remember I kept finding new stuff all the time. The product has been complete for many years now, it's just that Adobe adds those new small functions that make the new versions attractive, like Bone Tool, etc. I still remember being mind-boggled when I discovered that Flash 8 can be extended and you can make your own Tools for it, and even use Javascript to control the IDE -- it's soo amazing!

it's just that Adobe adds those new small functions that make the new versions attractive, like Bone Tool, etc.

yup its pretty awesome, the only companies that are down voting flash for being sluggish are the ones that can barely run it, like android, iphone for example, sure they had it running, but they discontinued it because there hardware is so old, literally they try to make them sound so fast by calling them octa-cores, when in reality they are just a mess, clocked at horrible speeds because they cant keep up, did you know the iphone 5 processor was around 1ghz, the iphone 4 - 4s processor was around 800MHZ!!!! people still walk around with processors that can barely run windows 95 without crashing yet they are hating on flash as2 for being slow, blame it on your cheap processors.. and considering processors get better and better over time there will be a day that you can run as2 on your phone and the pc processors are only getting better according to moores law, as2 isn't obsolete, your processor is, yet your spending 600 dollars on your shiny new sluggish toy so worry more about your finances than posting threads that down vote a flash product when your on a flash forum..

Hi,

Most people seem to be slagging AS3 purely and simply because they are unable to do it.
    Thats like disliking an exotic food when you never tested it before.
    We all know that flash player or should I say (crash player) was a threat to adobes game/app industry but its neither here or there now.
    Whether you prefer it or not, or use it or not, it has to be better for you and any possible projects you might have/get if you are able to do both AS3 & AS2.

Just to add, I personally am not a fan or wanting play flash games, or any other games come to that on a miniature mobile phone screen ( or a larger iphone one either), surely games are for the big screen, leave the games to the game playing machines I say.
    well maybe pc's, macs and laptops too.
    Last edited by fruitbeard; 02-14-2015 at 08:11 AM.

Edit: Apples game/apps industry - not Adobes game/app industry

you sure apple didn't just try to steal it and call it swifty, cough swf cough swiff, I mean apple is now working on Electric car, they steal everything heck they will probably steal the free to use patents that tesla has created and sue them in there own game.

Hi,

Swiffy is done by google

https://www.google.com/doubleclick/studio/swiffy

Tesla should have ruled the world with his free lossless energy

ahh, I meant swift, https://developer.apple.com/library/...lChaining.html

I guess I tongue twisted swiffy, which is googles html5 converter and swift, which is a programming language to create .ipa for ios, I meant to say swift, which is very similar to flash programming

and its not lossless, its just efficient because it uses ball bearings in the engine just like my skateboard