A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to make dwg file recovery?

How to make dwg file recovery?

When I’m trying to open my autocad file in AutoCAD 2010 it gives an error: "Cannot open file.

The file may be a DWG or DXF file, it may not be in a supported version of the DWG file

format, or it may be corrupted. Check the file and try again." I tried to open my file in

other versions of Autocad, but saw the same error msg.

I dont have any idea how to open my file. Please, some help...

Perform the following steps if the file cannot be opened at all:

1. Open a blank DWG and run the RECOVER command. Select the problematic file. AutoCAD will attempt to recover the file and open it.

2. Open a blank DWG and run the RECOVERALL command. Select the problematic file. AutoCAD will attempt to recover the file and open it.

3. Open a blank DWG and run the INSERT command. Select the problematic file and see if it will insert. If it does, then run EXPLODE and select the inserted block. Run AUDIT and PURGE commands, and then use SAVEAS to create a new DWG.

4. Look in the same directory where the DWG resides and see if there is a BAK file of the same name. If so, rename the BAK extension to DWG and see if the file can then be opened.

5. Look in C:\Windows\Temp for files with an SV$ extension. If any exist with a similar name to the corrupted DWG file, then rename the extension to DWG and see if it can then be opened.

6. Go to your backup system and restore the file from a time before it became corrupted.

Also you may use third party solution Recovery Toolbox for DWG

It can help you with the aid of demo version, which is free- https://dwg.recoverytoolbox.com/