A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with rotation

Exclamation Help with rotation

Hey guys, im in trouble, im doing a webradio player for a client my deadline was on friday and im still stucked on the volume slider.

Well the layout of the player is this:
    x29dzgqa.jpg

And i need to do this green button, slide around de circle to get more or less volume.

Ive already have a code, that do this, but im not able to customize it, i need that it runs on clockwise, and on my code it is running counterclockwise

Well this is my code:
    Code:
    onClipEvent (enterFrame) {     if (_root.motion)     {         this.thisx = this._x;         this.thisy = this._y;         this.lastx = _parent._xmouse;         this.lasty = _parent._ymouse;         this.xdif = this.thisx-this.lastx;         this.ydif = (this.thisy-this.lasty)*-1;         this.finalrot = Math.atan2(this.xdif, this.ydif);         this.finalrot = ((this.finalrot*180)/Math.PI)-180;         this.finalrot = this.finalrot+360;             if (this.finalrot >= 45 and this.finalrot <= 270)     {             this._rotation = this.finalrot;         }     } }

Exclamation Hlp with rotation
    Hey guys, im in trouble, im doing a webradio player for a client my deadline was on friday and im still stucked on the volume slider.

Well the layout of the player is attached here.

And i nedd to do this green button, slide around de circle to get more or less volume.

Ive already have a code, that do this, but im not able to customize it, i need that it runs on clockwise, and on my code it is running counterclockwise

Well this is my code:

ActionScript Code:

onClipEvent (enterFrame) { if (_root.motion) { this.thisx = this._x; this.thisy = this._y; this.lastx = _parent._xmouse; this.lasty = _parent._ymouse; this.xdif = this.thisx-this.lastx; this.ydif = (this.thisy-this.lasty)*-1; this.finalrot = Math.atan2(this.xdif, this.ydif); this.finalrot = ((this.finalrot*180)/Math.PI)-180; this.finalrot = this.finalrot+360; if (this.finalrot >= 45 and this.finalrot <= 270) { this._rotation = this.finalrot; } } }

I dont know nothing about actionscript, do you guys can help me???

thanks a lot

Hi,

it would help a lot of if you could post your FLA file as well, as I'm scratching my head over where to put your code.

Upload it to TinyUpload and post the link here
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

Oh, sorry, heheheh, its here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/download....97207490419066

Into te stage, the green butto is a movieclipe into the container movieclipe, then you click on the green button and select actions the code is there

Thank you very much

Hi,

without having looked at your file yet, try here http://www.*******.com/tutorials/volume-controller.htm
    link does not work, replace ******* with so think - no space

or look here

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...Volume-Control
    Last edited by fruitbeard; 03-02-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Thank you guys, this last link sent by fruitbeard saved my life.

Thank you very much