Hi there every one
I’m currently working on my first real flash game, a pirate themed point and click game, yay ^^
I’m a fairly descent artist and animator but I’m still pretty new to the hole coding thing, and while I have found good tutorials that help explain many thing but I still need so help with some coding problems issues.
If you can help or offer links to some good tutorials I would really appreciate it.

Unlocking new locations?
Let me offer up a scenario to help explain what I want to happen.
There is a street with many different stores/buildings that are closed/locked and that I can unlock in whatever order I want.
I go see a guy, the guy wants an object/item to unlock his store/location, I get the item and give it to him, and now his location is open and stays oppen.
I’m sure the each of this stores/buildings have to be as separate movie clips, each movie clip having two frames in them, one for locked, one for unlocked.
I’m guessing that the coding Is gonna have to go something like this.
Add an event listener to movie clip.
Event, me giving guy object.
Bulding Movie clip go to its next frame next frame in movie clip.
Remove event listener.
How would the coding for a scenario like this be?

Inventory?
I’m making an inventory system to store the items collected in the game.
It is suppose to work so that some of the items diapered from inventory after use while other’s return to.
But I have no idea how to code some think like that and I haven’t really been able to find a tutorial I could understand on the subject.
I make to movie clips, one is of a sack that I give the name “sack”, the other is of a knife named “knife”.
In the Sack movie clip there are two frames, one with it normal and one with it slashed open, I place a stop(); function in both frames to stop it from looping.
When I take the knife and hit the sack, the sack movie clip goes to its next frame and the knife returns to the inventory automatically.
How should I code something like this for items that I want to return to my inventory and for items that I do not?

Combining items?
I’m making an inventory system in which you can combine two or more items in the right order to make a new one.
In my inventory I have 5 items, a small log, a hand drill, some dynamite, a cork and a safety fuse.
You take the hand drill to the log and now you have a log with a hole in it.
You take the dynamite to the log with a hole in it and now you have a log with dynamite in it.
You take the safety fuse to the cork and now you have a cork with a safety fuse in it.
You take the cork with a safety fuse in it to the log with dynamite in it and now you have an impromptu log pipe bomb.
How would I code something like this?

Character movments?
As I said I want to make a sierra style game.
Meaning that there are specific areas on my scene that my character can walk to automatically from where he is when that spot is clicked. (Look at image to get an idea of what I mean)
Also to add a depht effect the character need to scale down or up automatically depending on where at the scene the character is standing.
Meaning if he walks further away from the “camera” he gets smaller, if he’s walks closer to the “camera” he gets bigger.
How would you code something like this or do you happen to know of a good and easily understood tutorial that explains how to make this kind of effect?

New canvas.jpg

Mouse cursor?
I already know how change your mouse to a custom cursor, but sins this is suppose to be a sierra type game you should be able to switch between different kind of cursors with different effects, like a “walk to cursor”, “look at cursor” ,“interact/pick up cursor”, “talk to cursor”
How do code something like this and can you even do that?

I know I’m asking about a lot of things and I appreciate any help you can offer up
If you’ve read to this point, I thank you for your time.