A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .ai file cannot open in illustrator

.ai file cannot open in illustrator

hi all,

I have .ai file. I work with it around couple months. Yesterday I opened my file and saw: “An unknown error has occurred“

I'm using Adobe Illustrator CC 18. I need to know about some software or methods for restoring .ai files.

any help.

It might be .ai file corruption, but it is very ofren the problem with preferences, it must be solved by steps below

1) Open the preferences file and look for the entry named "enableContentRecovery", change the value from 0 to 1. This turns on the feature.

2) Launch Illustrator and choose "File>Open". Select the file from which you wish to recover the roundtrip information.

3) Click "OK" while holding down the command, shift and option keys (control, shift and alt on Windows).
    Also you can use The Microsoft Excel file repair utility restores data from a corrupted workbooks and worksheets. And software exports information to Microsoft Excel director file later. Excel Repair Toolbox can save a recovered data into new XLSX files. The heuristic search algorithm allow finding data for any damaged file. https://www.repairtoolbox.com/excelrepair.html

change the version.