A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drawing in Koolmoves, combining and cutout different shapes

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate this very good forum and your patience with me.

Next time I have to do many other animations, so please let me know some tip and trick.

I produced a video for my next question, you can see it here on youtube:
    http://youtu.be/M8ET_BgQhBk

Let me explain, I have a animation ready and then I like to place some text. If I add text, Koolmoves asked me where to add, in all frames, current frame and so on.
    If I chose current frame, I have the text in frame one. Now I can add effects like fade in, may be three frames long. But in frame 4 there is no text.
    I have to copy the last frame to all other frames, that is a lot of work. My animation has 21 frames, but what about if there is a animation with 500 frames?

Can you give me some tip and trick to learn how to work faster.

A list of all available short cut keys would be also very helpful.

Thank you so much for your help.

Super Moderator
    A list of short cut keys is near the end of the help but it is out of date. I will correct it before the next release.

I suggest you view the short YouTube videos with links from the support page of our web site.

This week I learned a lot and produced some different animation. I read the manual, watched youtube tutorial and videos, I learned that I can change the properties to a symbol all the time and I learned the user interface. Now I'm faster and I have ideas how to produce the next animation.

Please the manual is out dated as well as the shortcut keys.

If you have, please can you tell me the following shortcut keys in score / timeline:
    copy to next frame
    shift left
    shift right
    This three shortcut keys can safe me a bit of time.

Now I like to learn to work with bones. I found it in the manual, did a exercise but it did not work.
    I need a tutorial please or a video, if you know how to find, please let me know.
    I need it to animate the degating process with bending plastic runner.

What about scene 1 and so on? I can't found explanation for scene.

Thank you so much for your help

Here you can find a video on youtube with my piteous try to animate with bones:
    http://youtu.be/-7tGDASsSDc

Please help me to understand how it works with bones. If you have a link to a tutorial please let me know.

Thank's and take care.

I've checked this, but can't understand how bone movement change the shape of the body:
    http://www.helpdoc-online.com/koolmo.../Web/bones.htm

Super Moderator
    Unfortunately bones in KoolMoves never developed to a level that was useful. The basic steps are to draw a shape (not a symbol) in cartooning mode, in the properties popup select yes for bones property, select bones button at the top, add a skeleton or draw bones. In the main movie, moving joints in the skeleton using the select/move bones icon (second point selection in the points submenu or drawer will cause points in the outer shape to move. There were a number of problems which were never worked out. In program files / koolmoves / examples / bones, there are several examples.

There is a section on bones in the help (click on index tab) or search on bones in the search tab.

Scenes are a way to break up a long animation -- like chapters in a book.

The help in the next version will have an updated list of short cut keys. If you want to see the current short cuts associated with frame operations, select Frame menu bar and note the keys at the end of each menu item. There are currently no short cuts for shift right and left. I will make a note. The next version will have a short cut for adding a copy of a key frame.

Dear Bob,

thank you so much. Now I understand how to use Bones, and for me it works fine, please check my video:
    http://youtu.be/c0YpRaxIImU

Koolmoves is a nice program, a bit different to other flash animation program, but if you know how to handle it's really good.

Thank you so much.

Wilfried

Dear Bob,

I made a video to show you some wishes inside the timeline to have more comfort and unsability. Selecting some frames, delete it together, change it's properties together, or the color or position for 12 keyframes, move it left or right, copy or change / overright the properties of a keyframe to all other frames up to the end. Some shortcut keys could also help but better is to to make a multi select inside the timeline an then delete, move or change comfortabel. I hope you understand what I mean, and I hope that this can be easy change inside the program.
    http://youtu.be/yEumpqr5L8Y

Best regards

Wilfried

Super Moderator
    I think the functionality you want is already there. See Objects > Selection Scope, Views > List of Key Frames (Ctrl+K), Transforms > Numeric (N)

Thank you Bob, thats it!!!

Super Moderator
    I am adding an icon on the score tab of the score/timeline for bringing up List of Key Frames for cut/copy/paste and reordering of key frames. You can change object position in the Properties popup or through Numeric transform. I will add a menu item for selection scope in the right-click menu for the score tab of the score/timeline.

Great Bob, vielen Dank!!!

I guess in next Release I can find the icon.

Super Moderator
    Yes - in the meantime, use Ctrl+K

Dear Bob,

I continued my work with Koolmoves, this is really a great piece of software, thank you so much.

I need a banner for advertising in a French magazin webpage. My wish is to animate our webadress in this banner, motion script effect punch wave looks great for me.
    Now I like to produce a animated gif. In version 9.5.0. export to animated gif is a new option. I installed image magic and I try to export a animated gif, but time is 0,0625 and I can not change this value. I need about 5 seconds. Imagemagig took screenshots, not bad, but only nine different pictures, the www in our webpage now animated. There are some programs to produce a animated gif out of a series of pictures, but how was your thought behind this export to animated gif and how should it work? Please can you explain it a bit more to me, it seems that I can be your beta tester.

Here a short video for to understand my banner:
    https://youtu.be/dq751YrzefU

Just the webpage adress should be animated. With the effect I'm still experimenting, this effect is called multi wipe.

Super Moderator
    What is the elapsed time of the movie before exporting (see Views > Actions and Sounds)? If the movie only lasts .0625 seconds, you need a longer movie to get to a total of 5 seconds. Motion script effects operate on a different timeline than the main movie. A simple solution is to add more key frames to the main movie (using 'add copy of frame').

I changed the banner design, now just a graphic is animated, total time is about two seconds.

One more Keyframe, two seconds, and the gif output was perfect! Thank you Bob!
    exaflow-banner.gif

Issues with swf export, I can see the invisible areas

Dear Bob,
    please can you check the attached files. I have some issues concerning swf export.
    There is a surface with cutaway in the foreground. Animation is behind, like a layer. In the Koolmoves animation everything is fine, but in swf export you can see how the animation is done.
    How to solve this problem?
    Best regards
    Wilfried
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    I will look at it.

-------------------

I looked at it. I added a key frame to the end (copy of the last keyframe) and it seems fine. What exactly is the problem?

Hi Bob,

please check this video:
    https://goblinrefuge.com/mediagoblin...-flash-player/

I use Linux Xubuntu 14.04 as operating-system. There are two flash player, Gnash and Lightspark. In both player the swf from Koolmoves can not be played correct.

Please can you check what's going wrong.

Best regards

Wilfried