A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drawing in Koolmoves, combining and cutout different shapes

Super Moderator
    It doesn't work with my browser. I suggest you post the swf here. If it works in the Adobe Flash player, there is nothing more I can do.

What do you mean with "it doesn't work in my browser"? If you mean the Mediagoblin video, it will work with Firefox.
    https://goblinrefuge.com/mediagoblin...-flash-player/

Please check attached file in post No.38, the swf was included in the zip-file.

Super Moderator
    I looked at the swf again. What exactly is the problem with the swf? Swfs loop in the stand-alone Flash player so the movie is on the last frame for a very short period of time. Also the left side has an additional shape.

Super Moderator
    This is what I see in IE when I click on the link.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Have you concerned exporting as Html5? It is cross-platform and may solve this issue.

IE, sounds like Microsoft Internet Explorer. Please try Chrome or Chromium or Firefox or Opera. Microsoft Windows is just one Operating System of many others.
    In the video you can see what's going wrong.

Please check:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaGoblin

Super Moderator
    I see that the colored sections run outside the black form. I have no idea why that is happening. I can't fix something that runs correctly in Adobe Flash Player.

I looked at how you created the effect. It seems unduly complicated. I suggest that you turn off symbols in Preferences. I will try to suggest a simpler approach after I look at it a bit more.

----------------

Create two separate shapes that will serve as masks. These shapes will appear in all frames. The two masks will mask the two colored shapes. Read up on masks in Help > Help Topics. A mask behaves like a cookie cutter, cutting out the part you want and discarding the part you don't want. In the properties for the two mask shapes, select yes for "Is a mask". The masking depths should be 1. Use Views > List of Objects to position each mask directly over each colored shape.

Thank you Bob,

I opened the files in examples/masking folder and read the usermanual.
    I was successful, please check my video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou-22NKfGic

Is it possible to use more than one mask, to let the masks move in different directions?
    If yes, how?

One more question. Is it possible to animate something like particles in Koolmoves, for example air bubbles in water?

Good news concerning Gnash and Lightspark in Linux. These programs can view swf files. The masking technique solved the problem with outside runnung shapes.

Super Moderator
    You can use more than one mask.

Particles lend themselves to action scripting. Create a particle and store in symbol library. Add to stage using action script.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    You can use more than one mask.

Particles lend themselves to action scripting. Create a particle and store in symbol library. Add to stage using action script.
    Please can you describe how to use more than one mask? Tutorial-video or howto please.

Super Moderator
    This example uses 2 masks. You can change the masking depths to see the effect.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Attaches you can find my example file. The blue rectangle in the middle is invisible. Left and right are two green masks. If they move to the middle the green rectangle has to be visible. How can I define which part is the masked and which are the mask?

I tried to group the two green rectangles, then I could see the small square symbol, but it didn't work.

Here is another example. I grouped s2 and s3, but only s2 worked. What is wrong with s3, why is s3 not working?

Super Moderator
    Grouping is ignored. Masking only takes into account individual shapes and their depths relative to the mask. In fact, the swf doesn't have any concept of grouping.

Once again my question. Please download my file two-masks-2.fun from last post. You can see my purpose, two masks or more, one masked object.

Please can you change this file that the two or more masks can simulaneous work to show one object from different directions and angles.
    Please explain how to reach this result. Thank you so much.

Super Moderator
    There is only one mask S3 and it is never on top of S2 (as far as I can tell) so S3 has no affect on S2. "Show one object from different directions and angles" is too vague for me to proceed.

I find Views > List of Objects the clearest way to understand what are the masks and what is being masked. Masks have the icon with a hole in the center (like a cookie cutter) and objects being masked (based only on depth) have the icon with the circle cut out by the cookie cutter.

English is a foreign language for me. S1 should be the object with a circle, so it's invisible. S2 and S3 should be objects they can make S1 visible if they move over them.
    How to reach this target?

Super Moderator
    My previous comment was incorrect. I ungrouped the group to make the example simpler and in doing so S2 masking property was changed and was no longer a mask. I will have to look at the example again with both S2 and S3 as masks. Sorry for the added delay.

-----------------------

I ungrouped the group and manually tried to make S2 a mask. The masking property is disabled telling me that you can't have a mask within the masking depth of another mask.

A work around is to combine S2 and S3 as a single shape (you will have to delete one and edit the other). Make the connecting points outside the boundary of S1. The combined shape will have a U shape.

Thank you Bob. Attached you can find a file. I was experimenting a bit with a U-shape, good idea. Next idea was to improve the shape, as you can see in my example. The problem are the overlapping areas.

Any other idea?

More than one mask could be a very good feature.