A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems with buttons inside movieclips. FLASH CS6

Question Problems with buttons inside movieclips. FLASH CS6

Hey,

I'm having a little trouble getting my buttons to work. I have a button inside a movieclip, that's inside a movieclip. These buttons appear when you press one of the movieclips.
    The buttons are on frame 2 of MC1 > MC2. Can somebody help me out? I've had this issue many times before and it would be great if I knew how to get rid of it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

Not quite sure what problem you were having as there was no code for the buttons to do anything.

So without changing too much, have a look at this.

Hey man,

Thanks for replying so quickly! But this wasn't exactly what I was looking for.
    I wanted the button's to be in Bed >Bed1, not just in Bed because in Bed I would animate the new upgrade.
    So if the player pressed "yes", it would gotoAndStop(2) in Bed, and I would do the same for the next upgrades.

Anyway, I copied the little piece of code you sent me and put it in the same frame and all, but only in Bed1 instead of in Bed, and it doesn't work.

Any other idea's that might help me get rid of this problem would really be appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi8,

I am sorry but your request and file is confusing me too much and therefore feel unable to help you any further, you might be better off the other way I sent, to stop you getting so embedded in each movieclip.

Okay no problem man, thanks for trying to help anyway!