A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Panning map problem

Talking Panning map problem

Hey, jumping right to the point. I have been coding some interactivity on a world map (boring I know) anyhow it pans and zooms fine, or at least it seems to, however, just recently I have found a way to convert my ActionScript 2 to HTML 5 as I want it mobile friendly. When panning here, the map jumps around, which is bad enough but then it also flips upside down sometimes snd looks downright awful. I know for a fact that the problem originates in the ActionScript as when i coded it (originally for my flash site) I hacked around the problem by flipping the map upside down in the fla so it is right side up in the swf. In the html though, i can't seem to hide the issue any longer. Seeing that I want this user friendly, eventually on a website I am striving for a smooth pleasurable experience. The problem is that no matter what modifications I try (to the original ActionScript) the experience doesn't improve. I have included my source files at the link below and also included the html file so you can see what I mean. I am hoping a keen eye can spot the problem and I thank you very much in advance for your time. Bre. http://www.mediafire.com/download/kj...z/worldMap.zip

I haven't been able to properly test things but most likely your issue deals with scaling. If you size the width the same size but negative i.e. if it's width is 500 px and you set the size to -500 px it would be flipped horizontally. I noticed in your code that you set the scale every frame which is a terrible idea. In this you don't need to update every frame.