A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Downloading projector (.exe) blocked. Workaround?

Downloading projector (.exe) blocked. Workaround?

Hi,

I have created a standalone AS3 presentation tool which runs offline and works great. It is published to a projector (.exe) as I cannot guarantee the users will have flash player installed.

The problem I have is that my client wishes to host the tool on their site and even though the files are zipped, the .exe is being blocked and flagged as malware. I know this is down to individual security settings per user but is there anything I can do to allow users to download the flash projector without being told it is malware? it does not look good.

Kind Regards,
    Sooth

Hi,

Zip up both the swf and exe files separately and give the user the choice, if they know they have flash installed then they can opt for the swf zip and/or exe zip.
    If they do not have it installed then they obviously need to get the exe zip ( not macs though!!! ) but tell them that whilst trying to run/download it may be flagged as malware/pup/false positive.
    My AV often does it with unknown files ( runs them in a sandbox first, just incase, then they are OK afterwards. )

you can zip it with the password so that av software cannot check the archive.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Thanks.

I have put both of these options to my client and hope they pick at-least one. I did not know about the password workaround sound like a great solution.

that said, did you consider the possibility that your projector exe is actually infected, and you need to cure your computer?
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2