A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Playing movie clip within movie clip in same frame?

Playing movie clip within movie clip in same frame?

If I were to play a movie cip within a movie clip in the same frame in an .fla file, in Macromedia Flash 8, what code would be recommended?

Also, when I launch the frame, the movie clips within a movie clip play automatically. How do I code it so that it won't play once the frame in the .fla file is launched?

I'miss sorry I may not have been clear in what I originally said, but here is what I meant to ask:

I found out what I would have to do, I think. To stop a movie clip in a frame, I would think I would have to use the following code in the frame's ActionScript:

_root.gotoandStop (1)

The movie clip in question has an instance of jackpotMC. The movie clip should stop at frame 1, and not run after that, but it loops when it shouldn't. What would I have to do to fix this problem?

I will provide a sample .fla file later this evening.
    Last edited by JonSea31; 11-12-2015 at 06:37 AM.

I would like to ask: If I used the following code, assuming the MovieClip has an instance of jackpotMC:

_root.jackpotMC.gotoandStop (1)

Should the movie clip be at frame 1 and stop animating?

Hi,

Yes, it would stop at frame 1, but it would not stop anything inside of it stopping if it did not have a stop() command inside of it.

Thanks. Now, what code would I have to use if I was to stop at and go to a specified frame in a Movie Clip within a movie clip? Would I have to use levels?

Also, if I were to play the movie clip and there was a sound file in such movie clip, will the sound play?