A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please help with flash cs6 brush tool

Please help with flash cs6 brush tool

I am trying to use the brush tool over a black background but the actual cursor color for the brush tool is black and won't change colors so I can't see what I'm drawing when I move the mouse around the black background... PLEASE HELP

Hi Gabriel123 - I can see a few potential issues with the detail you've given so here are some suggestions:

Firstly, there are two parts to colour of different tools - primarily the 'stroke' and the 'fill'. Ensure that you're changing the 'stroke' colour for your brush and not the 'fill' colour, as the brush tool has no fill normally so you won't see any difference. These are typically above/below eachother depending on which view you're using, so hover over them for a quick tooltip to confirm.

Secondly, i'm not sure if this would influence it or not, but if you're drawing on a different layer to your background and this layer is behind/lower than the background, you may not actually see the strokes as you draw. I'm not 100% sure of this one though but it's worth checking that you're brushing on either the same layer as the background or a layer above it.

I hope either of these help, if not please try to provide some more information and i'll help however I can :-)
    Last edited by Davirtuoso; 11-30-2015 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes