A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how do YOU draw in flash ? (read for more clarity lol)

Question how do YOU draw in flash ? (read for more clarity lol)

oh, hey guys! im circuitbreak, and im new to this forum. I am slightly familiar with the basics of flash but not enough to the point where I feel confident :P

anyways im asking, does anybody draw using guidelines in flash with a tablet?example.jpg
    an example, if so, then what do you do to draw the face/body? I can do everything better with a standard pencil, but flash is a different story, I cant seem to get used to the tablet, or if that's not the problem, im really asking, do you draw everything on a separate layer or do everything on one layer?

I mean, I tried messing with the zoom and I believe it came out slightly betterexample2.jpg

So you may just be having trouble with drawing with a tablet (Size restrictions and pressure sensitivity) or maybe Flash itself (Brush settings and whatnot). What kind of tablet are you using and which version of flash do you have?

Maybe you should try getting an actual drawing pad, or do everything in separate layers, to avoid restrictions. Don't forget to lock all layers but the one you want to work with to avoid messing up.

I mean, I usually do a stick figure or a rough sketch for the body, then do a detailed version in a layer above it, either with the line tool or very carefully with the brush.
    Separate layers are the way to go, definitely. It can be hard to keep track of all the layers, so make sure you label them and know which layer you're working on.
    The tablet is going to take a while to get used to, that's just a hard truth. I'm pretty good at drawing with a pencil, but a quick drawing in flash looks like I made it when I was five.