A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CS4 - updating to FP11

CS4 - updating to FP11

Okay, sorry but first I'll make it clear I'm not really looking for 'Stop using an old program, use Develop or something' answer ^_^ thanks for them but.. yeah, that's completely bypassing the issue.. now, on to the issue

I have CS4. It comes with Flash Player 10. Now, I'm pretty sure that it is possible to add Flash Player 11 support so I can compile to that (if not newer).

I have downloaded the FP11 playerglobal.swc and put it in a folder called FP11 in the Common/Configuration/Actionscript 3.0 folder. I have created a FlashPlayer11.xml file based on FP10's one, changing the details to read:
    Code:
    <Player ID="FLashPlayer11" version="13" asversion="3">
    <playerDefinitionPath as2="$(UserConfig)/Classes/FP10;$(UserConfig)/Classes/FP9;$(UserConfig)/Classes/FP8;$(UserConfig)/Classes/FP7" as3="$(AppConfig)/ActionScript 3.0/FP11/playerglobal.swc" />
    I have also updated the Players (I think) in the Players folder (and debug).

When I choose to compile, I set it to Flash Player 11. I know CS4 uses an inbuild player, so best to test using the Browser option..

I try basic FP11 code to test,
    Code:
    import flash.display.Stage3D;
    var s : Stage3D = stage.stage3DS[0];
    I get back:
    Code:
    1119: Access of possibly undefined property stage3DS through a reference with static type flash.display:Stage.
    Source: var s : Stage3D = stage.stage3DS[0];
    SO, that seams it wasn't able to load the new Stage3D (new as it wasn't in FP10, is in FP11) which seams to say it didn't install right or I've missed something out.. yet I'm still fairly sure it is possible..

any clues?

HI,

Assuming you have prepared the folders and xml files correctly,

try:

var s : Stage3D = stage.stage3Ds[0]; lower case s
    Last edited by fruitbeard; 12-10-2015 at 05:00 AM.

mm.. a simple spelling mistake was all? well.. errors go ^_^
    Might need to do a quick bit of research to get a line which can test if something happens.

Thanks ^_^

I'm not a Little confused cause it seams between half to 3/4 of thing say It's not possible to do the required updates for CS4 to allow FP11, but others say it is..

I know the changes have allowed it to NOT bring up an error with that code but at the same time, I can't seam to do much with it so.. ah well ^_^