delete function useless
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: delete function useless

delete function useless

im convinced delete variable_name; is useless, it stays in the ram but makes its self undefined in the client how retarded, or am i using it wrong.
    a* on an ic!

Hi,

You could always null the vars too.
    Any that reside within movieclips will be gone once removed from stage.

The link is AS3 but may give you an insight http://blog.gskinner.com/archives/20...source_ma.html and a little about the richer experience with AS3

just adds the old string and null, almost good approach, terrencing might be right when he said encrypting,decrypting is pointless in flash, going to have to port a bunch of my flash functions and arrays to the server... good to talk to you again fruit.
    a* on an ic!

Hi,

I wouldn't say it was totally useless, rather the opposite infact.
    As long as you encrypt it before anything appears in the page header it should be just as good as any other form.
    From looking at a few of your recent posts (the encrypting one) that is pointless as Terrencing said, you give the encryption keys and code all in the file.
    easy to break.

you could try something like this, it is SHA-1 and they think that is much weaker than it used to be, it is also AS3 but you could try converting it or looking for an AS2 version.

https://github.com/Atmosphere/Action...yption/SHA1.as

sha-x and md-x are all static encryptions, if u have that data encrypted u can decrypt it in php, any decrypting done in flash also will end up showing the string in memory, even if u try to pass variables through functions even worst, just change the variable to a number in the function in memory and it will say screw the variable im going to keep passing the number as long as i get called.
    a* on an ic!

Hi,

You seem to know how to crack it, try reversing your knowledge, see what happens.
    Buy yourself some ssl certificates maybe.

I did this to a game with ssl with in 5 minutes, http://i.imgur.com/VSmpTFQ.png
    a* on an ic!

Hi,

Didn't you accuse me of or at least somebody from my old site of bombarding your site with fake requests or something.
    And there you are doing stuff to someone elses site!!!

Perhaps you should turn your "knowledge" to the lighter side of the force.

Theres a difference between modifying something from the client (my end) and something from someone elses machine
    a* on an ic!

I take this thread back, delete function is great for deleting objects which is very useful
    a* on an ic!

Hi,

Delete thread;

Hello,

Can someone tell me how to use the delete statement to delete (to free the memory/ram) variables loaded from external text file using loadVariable, e.g. loadVariable("test.txt","_root");

the file contains variables like;
    &x1=1& &y1=1&
    &x2=2& &y2=2&
    . .
    . .
    . .
    &xn=n& &yn=n&

Where n could be any number.

How to to use (delete statement) to delete unspecific number of loaded variable dynamically using for-statement.

tried somrthing like;

for(var i:Number=0; i<=n; i++){
    delete eval("x"+i);
    // or delete this["x"+i];
    }

all, did not work.

how so? If a variable traced after being deleted, the output is (undefined), is it really deleted and the memory was cleared? If not, what should one do?