A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Email form using AS2 and Php being troublesome

Smile Email form using AS2 and Php being troublesome

Hey there. While I was working on my website I noticed that my contact form wasn't working and with my limited code skills I set out to work on it. The flash itself I set out to construct using this tutorial:http://www.kirupa.com/developer/acti..._php_email.htm But the php I used one of my own:
    PHP Code:
     <?php
    $subject
    ="New Message From The Amity Blade"
    mail("example@yahoo.com",$subject,$body,"From: $email \n");
    ?>
    I find mine a little easier to follow. Anyhow everything works fine except, when I recieve an email via my site, included in the email is also a bunch of gibberish which I established was the flash input text box typeface properties, for example: Screenshot_2016-01-01-22-05-18.png my question is how can I stop this from being sent along in the email? Here is the download link for my fla contact form, obviously as2:http://www.megafileupload.com/imS2/contactForm.fla For those who wish to see it. Take note that my site is set up that when I click on the contact button on my site menu flash loads this contact form (swf) into an empty movie clip container to speed up load time. I would appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks in advance, Bre
    Last edited by frogies_rock003; 01-01-2016 at 11:24 PM. Reason: forgot to paste file url

Hi,

I can't open your file, unexpected file format, however, I imagine you need to have the text field used with "html = true" or data = textfield.htmlText.