A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Hello and a question

Red face Hello and a question

Hello everyone

My name is Ashley, I'm from the UK and I'm pleased to have found this forum.
    I'm pretty new to flash, my usual weapon of choice is After Effects but I'm in need of some flash too.

I have one question which i assume will be the biggest newbie question ever...

With simple key frame animation, is it possible to animate position, scale and transparency separately?

Many thanks for anyone who gets back to me

Quote Originally Posted by ashcat View Post
    Hello everyone

My name is Ashley, I'm from the UK and I'm pleased to have found this forum.
    I'm pretty new to flash, my usual weapon of choice is After Effects but I'm in need of some flash too.

I have one question which i assume will be the biggest newbie question ever...

With simple key frame animation, is it possible to animate position, scale and transparency separately?

Many thanks for anyone who gets back to me

Hello Ashley,

I would suggest animating your object, regarding the shape animation, separately using its internal frames.

Just draw any shape on the main stage, select it, press F8, a window message will appear with three choices(Movie, Button, Graphic) --> choose "Graphic" --> OK. Now if double-clicked on the object, it will open up showing its internal frames, there you can animate it in terms of shape events. Once done, if clicked anywhere you get back on the main stage with your object and all its shape animations are hidden inside, then you can animate your object regarding its position, scale and transparency.

Regarding its position, scale and transparency, try following the tutorial in the link below. The tutorial is accompanied with a Youtube video as well.

http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Motion-Tween-in-Flash

Good luck!

P.S. I am not a flash animator.