A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Pb of drag a scroller following a curve

resolved [RESOLVED] Pb of drag a scroller following a curve

Or how drag - with a clean as2 script - the last end of an object (needle or lever) arround it's first end...

Hello !

I red and test and work a lot of scripts and tutorials about scrolls, diagonal and rotation movements
    (also in As3...)
    but
    - it's quite uncredible -
    without finding a very single script allowing to drag the movement of something like a "needle",
    arround its first-end ONLY by CLIC-PUSHING its other end
    (the first-end used so as a center; and the other-end staying in place),
    and not only with following the mouse move ...

I succeed a little bit about, at least...

...But
    ( 'cause I'm just a painter very interested by encoding)
    my script is not a clean and full one, and is a few complicated !

See there what I mean :
    DragArroundACenterAS2.fla

So, if somebody would know where is it possible to find, or have an example of this kind of basic As2 scroll rotation script, it would be nice to put on line.

Thanks for your help !

1) what my sig says - just stop.

2) maybe you will find this example useful - you might make believable needle by replacing the tip of that chain, although it's probably not what you want, so...

3) I just created little demo for you here that may be just what you do need. enjoy )
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Hi, nice link... that plays right on line...
    ... but :

1) its an AS3 script that I'm not able to manage or transform. And I look for an AS2 script...
    [ yess, I know about my choice, but ... ! ]

2) and, although it's near of what I aim, all the needle is dragged on the full stage like a snake when push one of the end of object... and not only the head rotates around itself.

3) something is corrupt or missing in the d.l files (as for the snake-chain one, as for the "needle" rotation) because when I try to publish (after pasting the script in a frame of a new movie) with Flash, an alert comes about "package" (either "embeded pack. not allowed" -needle-, or "syntax error" - snake/chain)

Thanks in all cases for your demo file.

1 and 3, ok you can't handle the answer - yet ?- but what ar your options here? either get someone to do the job for you - and, like any job, this involves pay - or, to study the "encoding" and learn how to do it... but if you were to do that, there would be no need to ask this very question, since the solution would be obvious to you...

2 I am not sure what does this mean. in my 2nd link you can push it around, not just rotate. maybe try the demo again, or maybe try to explain yourself better.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Hello !
    ref (2) Sorry if I miss explained :
    Sure I've seen that your needle can also rotate like a snake along the stage during it's self rotation
    (when one pushes the head of the object).
    And it's a very good demo - as the slave/snake chain sample.
    (In french we could tell : "c'est de la bel ouvrage ! ")...

So, I tried to explain, before, that I'was just looking for the self rotation of the needle. Not a double one.
    But the double drag-and-push/clic with a self rotation is a nice work, and especially to let on line...

(1 -3) As already seen, yes, for myself it's (actually) a problem to handle an As3 script. That I didn't learnt.
    Not because a self opposition to As3 :
    I'm open and really interested by all kinds of langages - computers one's, or other ways of human expression....
    Knowing also that AS3 is a powerfull "actionscript" langage...
    [ May be more difficult as AS1 and AS2 to understand, manage or handle for people who are not computing developpers or not accustomed with codes.]

But at this time, because I'have started - with AS2, a flash movie which is finished at 90%... And this movie having itself to take place later inside an electronic book (*) - for which I already used As2,
    I have to go on with AS2 !

There... is only "my choice" !

(*) a book for children ordered only from... myself... to... myself !

By else, my AS2 script about drag/push self rotation is near ok for my personnal use.
    But I'm not enjoy to let this (no good !) sample "as is"... especially because something very small escapes sometime from a click control...

And, for summarize my ask :

I just wanted to know if somebody had a link, or a small AS2 script to let online
    (a demo like your AS3 "needle")
    concerning that self rotation of an object - with a drag/push.
    Because, as a basic tutorial, it seems to miss on the web.

By hopping I was better explain,
    with my thanks to all of you for the work you make here !

Drag and push/click a scroller or a lever for following a curve.

I finally succeed by myself to find what exactly I was looking for : to control the movement of a lever or a needle with a drag/click and push along a curve or a full rotation arround one of its ends...

...This, after a lot of tests, a big cleaning work of my script and also an happy intuition !

But, may be, my request about the link concerning a good "tuto" about this elementary kind of movement
    had to still take place...

See there what I mean :
    levier-clickPush.JPG