A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to stick movieclip on side edge of browser? Please help!

How to stick movieclip on side edge of browser? Please help!

Hi,

How do I stick a movieclip or button on the side edge of the browser?

I need my website to auto fit the window browser of any size. I currently have it set up centered in the window and to expand and shrink accordingly to the window size.

I have a button that I would like to stick on the left side of the screen and a copyright text I would like to stick on the right side. If I get the right coding for one side I can do the other.

I tried this ( http://www.webdesigndev.com/how-to-m...omment-1856527 ) but it did not work for me.

Here's what my screen and html code look like.

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 10.33.46 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 10.34.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 10.38.44 PM.png

For publish settings, I've also tried the left and top alignment. I don't want to use exact fit as it will stretch every thing.

I've been stuck on this problem for a week and searching all over for the right answers but cant find it. Someone please help me.

I don't know how to edit my post so i'll edit it in a reply. The site that I am trying to make look like this: http://jana-williams.com/home or http://hellolovely.sitehousedesigns.com/#/about/. Notice how both site content is centered and buttons on each side stick to the side even when sizing window browser.

Hi,

You will need to use some CSS along with some scale methods within flash, the page you were following seems to be fine.
    Unless of cousre you just target the swf itself in the page, mypage.com/index.swf for example.

Forgive me for being such a noob fruitbeard. I still dont understand. What css and where should i put it? Im fairly new to coding also. I've also tried to contact web designers to pay for their services but no one would help me. I need some step by step instructions if anyone can help. Thanks guys!

Hi,

Without looking too deeply as I don't have time, your code says height="100%%" width="100%%", perhaps this is the baddie part.

I've erased one of the % on height and width and still no fix. For some reason when I go to File-publish, the html file end up like that with two %%.

Anyone who can fix this problem I definitely would not mind paying for your service as others would not help me. All I need is to stick the blog button on the left side of the browser screen and copyright text on the right side of the browser screen according to the size window they have open.

Thanks.

Hi,

Mess around with this, just use your own swf, try not to use spaces in file names too.

If you need to foloow instructions again have a look here http://www.aleosoft.com/flashtutorial_autofit.html
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

If you still have problems, attach your files, (*.fla) here or at least make a link to it.

When it rains, it pours...
    Tried attaching files but website wont let me.

Here's the files in my dropbox link..
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wfhmvucgy...7hvexFW_a?dl=0

Folder files 1: Publish settings are 100% width and height - scale default - left and top alignment

Folder files 2: Folder files 1: Publish settings are 100% width and height - scale default - center and center alignment

Hi,

With files 1, use scale -> exact fit and publish
    Last edited by fruitbeard; 07-24-2016 at 03:18 AM.

I really appreciate your help Fruitbeard. using exact fit stretches the content and pictures therefore I was avoiding using it. From the site I was trying to manipulate, I notice that if i make the window size really small, the left and right element stay put while the center content stay center while resizing and keep their ratio. With that case I figure to center the content and stick the left button and right copyright to its side permanently. So i'm left with how to stick element to side of browser. If you have the patient to solve then problem, please allow me to reward to a gift in exchange. =)

anyone else might know the actionscript or fix for my problem?