A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: downloading all loops from FlashKit

Cow Icon downloading all loops from FlashKit

Hi all!

I am interested in downloading all of the mp3 files from here for my Flash project: http://www.flashkit.com/loops/

That way I can quickly browse through the MP3 files to find the right loops.

When I open one mp3 file at a time, it sends me to this location to play it: http://www.flashkit.com/imagesvr_ce/flashkit/loops/

but that location seems to be "forbidden"

I tried programs like HTTrack Website Copier but no luck... I get "forbidden 403" error... Any idea how to achieve this?

Thanks

TL;DR: I would love to download all of the music loops from FlashKit instead of downloading / browsing them manually one by one and I would like to find a method of achieving this.

What you are wanting to do does not align with what would be considered acceptable usage for this site. The resources are provided as is on individual pages.

Sorry,

Brad
    Admin

yeah, it's not like you can go to individual pages with ad blocker on and completely bypass all flashkit ads, any way.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    What you are wanting to do does not align with what would be considered acceptable usage for this site. The resources are provided as is on individual pages.

Sorry,

Brad
    Admin
    Can you please make all of the music loops available as one *.rar file? For you it's: righclick the whole folder, add to archive and post the link.

For me it's: Visit 7000 links for each individual file

Please be so kind and help me. I am not asking for anything illegal here.

Each page where a loop is provided includes information on the person that submitted it. Those people deserve the recognition for their contributions, which is done on those pages. That recognition would be lost if just the loops were provided in a compressed file.

I don't see any benefit to the site in providing all of the loops in a single compressed file, but a number of potential problems have been identified in creating such a file. As such, I'm going to have to say sorry, but we aren't willing to do that at this time. The price to get all the loops on this site is to go to all of the pages.

You can feel free to push this issue, but that would more likely result in the files being gated - something I've pushed back against up to this point, but that would make more business sense due to people using ad blockers.

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    Each page where a loop is provided includes information on the person that submitted it. Those people deserve the recognition for their contributions, which is done on those pages. That recognition would be lost if just the loops were provided in a compressed file.

I don't see any benefit to the site in providing all of the loops in a single compressed file, but a number of potential problems have been identified in creating such a file. As such, I'm going to have to say sorry, but we aren't willing to do that at this time. The price to get all the loops on this site is to go to all of the pages.

You can feel free to push this issue, but that would more likely result in the files being gated - something I've pushed back against up to this point, but that would make more business sense due to people using ad blockers.
    IMHO, you are unnecessarily overcomplicating the issue.

First of all, most of the mp3 files already include the creators' name in them, e.g. "Hendrixi-Osnoff-3587_hifi.mp3". (and ofcourse I plan on crediting the artists at the end of my animations)

Secondly, most of those artists would never be heard, anyway - and this would be a great chance for them to get promoted since the music-loop section on FlashKit seems stale at the moment. AFAIS most of them are from around year 2000...

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    So you just want to lift a bunch of loops from FK without helping to pay the bills (i.e. by visiting the pages with the ads) or giving credit to the creators (cause we're *sure* you will). I hear you can buy audio loops that are probably much newer than the ones on FK "from around the year 2000". What do you want such old loops for anyway?
    When your swf2exe tool just HAS to work
    there's only one choice... SWF Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Northcode View Post
    So you just want to lift a bunch of loops from FK without helping to pay the bills (i.e. by visiting the pages with the ads) or giving credit to the creators (cause we're *sure* you will). I hear you can buy audio loops that are probably much newer than the ones on FK "from around the year 2000". What do you want such old loops for anyway?
    Lift, as in... stealing? Come on. Exaggerating a bit?

You're making it sound like the ad revenue from music loops is the main source income of FlashKit - which keep the entire website alive.

Alright, if you think it's unfair for me to get free music loops for... free, I can pay you for the inconvenience. I am willing to pay $20 directly to FlashKit (just give me the PayPal info) for you to kindly give me the whole archive. In fact, why not make it an option for anyone else? Seems like an extra revenue option to me.

Why I want old FlashKit loops? Because there are many awesome ones. Even those with a rather low score (or low amount of views), which is why I want it all, since the "Top 100" one is rather unreliable.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    It's not my site, I just moderate here but I don't think your argument is likely to sway anyone. If you want the loops, you better start clicking. You never know when a rate limit on leeching files might get added
    When your swf2exe tool just HAS to work
    there's only one choice... SWF Studio

it's not a rocket science to write a crawler script to download all the files, any way. rate limit? northcode, please. what could it be? one file per 10 seconds. one would just leave the script running for a week or two. this thread was started in october - more than enough time to beat any rate limit.

I think what I am getting here is, you should always listen to what your users want. And I bet OP is not the only one who would prefer zip. So, why dont you just zip all the files, add all the ads cents together, and put "download all for $XX" button? works better than actual ads (no blocker helps), and for the credits - just include text file with all the names.

Can someone please be so X-Mas kind and make this possible for at least a day?
    http://www.flashkit.com/imagesvr_ce/flashkit/loops/ <-- this link is forbidden at the moment. If I could access it to download the loops, I would be so happy.

do you see anyone wearing santa hat here? me neither :P

Guess not