A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Play the frame number from script

Hi,

Alloy, GauFra means the publish settings, not the actions panel display setting.

He means publish for -

Target : flash player 8

and

Script : Actionscript 2.0

I haven't actually downloaded the file as been busy, maybe at some other point.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbeard View Post
    Hi,

Alloy, GauFra means the publish settings, not the actions panel display setting.

He means publish for -

Target : flash player 8

and

Script : Actionscript 2.0

I haven't actually downloaded the file as been busy, maybe at some other point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alloy Bacon View Post
    dezoid go learn at english kit and dont come back until you do
    Thanks guys.

I managed to find another elastic script that works just fine with AS2.

Now would any of you know how to find an objects difference in _x position of the current frame and the _x position of the previous frame? So I can subtract those values and figure out how much it moved in one frame.

Hi,

This is not answering your next request by the way, just converting the previous rerquest

But you might want to push the values of both to separate arrays and then compare/ add/ subtract them when needing to.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbeard View Post
    Hi,

This is not answering your next request by the way, just converting the previous rerquest

But you might want to push the values of both to separate arrays and then compare/ add/ subtract them when needing to.
    Thanks man, I'll check it out.

Is there a better way to find the _x difference rather than holding those values in memory? I'm trying not to get things too complicated.

Hi,

The attached fla is regarding your first issue.
    The second issue I haven't even looked at but quickly suggested the dual array at first glance, if you were using AS3 then you could perhaps save as byteArrays and then compare data when complete or when needed.

I do believe the code does provide the numbers you require already, you just need to collect them, note that you are using onEnterFrame so it will build up a lot of data in a short amount of time.
    Failing that you are on your own there, or some other poster could assist you with working examples, or even an *.fla in accordance with your needs.