A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If it doesn't work online, WHAT"S THE POINT???

If it doesn't work online, WHAT"S THE POINT???

Okay, got an ad ready for my site. Everything looks great (actually barely OK, but it isn't flash it's HTML5) but when I upload all of the files to the server, there are a few problems:

1. Images DO NOT DISPLAY AT ALL!!! When I export the movie it says it's copying them, but it doesn't. They don't appear in the folder.

2. Text that appears is almost configured like it is on my computer, but MOST OF THE TEXT IS MISSING!!! Of 3 sections of text, only one displays.

3. If I tell the program to display in my default browser, everything works. When the same files are uploaded to the server, NOTHING WORKS LIKE IT DOES LOCALLY.

Really getting frustrated at this poorly documented bit of rubish! Much of the help file is for another program (Koolmoves) not Koolshow.

Did I pay for BETA SOFTWARE??????????? Maybe Alpha?????????/

DEFINITELY N O T HAPPY!!!

Link to what is uploaded and not displaying properly??? http://www.qliteradio.com/spree_2017/spree_coming.html
    Last edited by Dijenga; 02-18-2017 at 11:57 PM.

Oh, when it says it's copying the video & images ... it does not. I'm not using video, but I do have three images. None of which are visible at all even though manually added to the upload.

It is also supposed to loop ... it runs one cycle and stops.

Desperate to get a demo to my customer, I even tried exporting as a gif. Installed imagemagick, made sure to include convert.exe.

The program s-l-o-w-l-y creates a series of png files then when convert runs, I see lots of text scrolling up the screen, but there is NEVER a gif file created.

Beginning to think I've been ripped off. Only 20 bucks, but it was my 20 bucks that I worked for.

Super Moderator
    If the movie works locally, the Html5 file and other files are correct. The problem is associated with either files not uploaded to the server or files uploaded to wrong folders.

There is a menu item called File > Export/Publish Movie > Diagnose Html5 Problems.

There is another menu item called File > Export/Publish Movie > Confirm Required Files on Internet.

Did you upload the images and other required files to your server in the same relative folder as you used locally?

Regarding the gif creation, did you look in the folder with the png files that were created for 2 gif files?

Super Moderator
    I suggest you zip all your project files and email me -- support at koolmoves dot com. I will upload to our server.

Super Moderator
    I suspect that the ../ relative file positions in the Html5 code are the issue (from your Html5 source '../miserable.jpg','../ah.jpg','../temp/EnoughAlready.png'). The image files on the server are probably in a different location and therefore the links in the html code are effectively broken.

Super Moderator
    I tested a similar file structure to the structure indicated in the html code:

xxx folder
    ___.html file
    ___.js files

and the image displays correctly. I also used the Confirm Required Files screen to test the file locations and that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    If the movie works locally, the Html5 file and other files are correct. The problem is associated with either files not uploaded to the server or files uploaded to wrong folders.

There is a menu item called File > Export/Publish Movie > Diagnose Html5 Problems.

There is another menu item called File > Export/Publish Movie > Confirm Required Files on Internet.

Did you upload the images and other required files to your server in the same relative folder as you used locally?

Regarding the gif creation, did you look in the folder with the png files that were created for 2 gif files?
    Everything that the program put in the unique file folder was uploaded to the server. This includes the html file, the .js files in the folder /js when exported that way ... and after that did not work, I exported with the option of leaving the files in the same folder as the html. Neither method works.

I uploaded two of the files (ah.jpg and miserable.jpg) to the same folder as the html file, and created a folder named /temp in that directory and then placed EnoughAlready.png in that folder.

When that did not work, I copied the two jpg files and the folder with the png file and placed the copies (including the file folder /temp) inside the /js folder. None of this worked.

So, when I exported with the js files and the html file in the same folder, I copied the images and placed accordingly on the server. That did not work.

Next, I decided to place the image files and the /temp folder in the root of the website. Still no images.

Regarding GIF creation, I looked in the folder. All that are there are the png files the program created. There are no GIF files anywhere on the drive I am using to create this project.

One final question: I may be completely wrong, but when I load the broken file in my page as an html fragment (using WebPlusX8 for this project), what does load appears to be off center as well ... somewhere between 10-15 pixels right of center. Is this normal, or does it mean I will have a border around my animation??? The animation was NOT designed to have a border of white or any other color around it.

A border around the animation would cause real problems with the design of my customer's site.
    Last edited by Dijenga; 02-19-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Ok, pulled it into a blank site with Xara ... put on a black background and it is definitely 20 pixels total oversize both ways. 10 pixel border all the way around.

In order to see the full animation, I need to increase the size of my iframe 20 pixels in both directions or the animation is both off center and chopped off.

DEFINITELY WILL NOT WORK!

Fellas, what gives?

BTW, I keep ticking "Remember Me" when logging in ... but every time I come back I have to log on again.

That doesn't help my attitude towards any of this.

Super Moderator
    I was going to find those missing image files but I see that the link you posted yesterday now has an animation running. Does that mean that the animation now works?

Based on the preloader code in the html from yesterday, the images should be at the .com level (because of the ../ relative position). Alternatively, edit out all the ../'s (about 6 of them) in the .html file using Notepad and place the images with the html and js files.

Regarding the gif files, if is difficult to track if ImageMagick ran successfully since it is a console program. There are two quick flashes of black when it finishes. I will try to do more error checking. There are many freeware gif creation programs. You have the png files that KoolShow exported. You can use those to creat a gif with a freeware program. If you can get a trial version of Ulead Gif Animator, it is one of the best.

Super Moderator
    Regarding the border issue, I would need to have the html url to see the html code. The border could also be caused by the movie frame in KoolShow not being snug against the animation. You can drag a side with your mouse after hovering over a side. If you put a rectangle under the animation (all frames), you will get a better idea about what is happening.

Super Moderator
    I assume you are referring to FlashKit which we have no control over. If your browser is setup to not save cookies as one of my browsers is, you will have this problem. My solution is to use a different browser that saves cookies for web sites that need login cookies.

Super Moderator
    I figured out the cause of the image problem. When you saved the html5 to a folder inside your project folder, the image files weren't copied to the inner folder. I had changed the behavior in a recent version and I can see how this leads to a big problem. There will be a new version of KoolShow in a few weeks and this issue will be resolved. Sorry for the confusion.

Try a look at this page with three variations of the iframe code:

http://www.ahgweb.com/koolshow

The problem isn't what I thought, serif kept adding a white border to the right side of the ad.

The problem actually is everything in the ad is shifted to the right.

This is a big problem.

Super Moderator
    I don't understand the need for the inline style --

<style>
    iframe {
    width: 468px;
    display: block;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }
    </style>

I would get rid of it.

KoolShow exports code for an iframe -- File > Export/Publish Movie > Add Html5 to Web Page with iFrame

This is typical code it creates:

<iframe src="http://xxx" width="854" height="530" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    I don't understand the need for the inline style --

<style>
    iframe {
    width: 468px;
    display: block;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }
    </style>

I would get rid of it.

KoolShow exports code for an iframe -- File > Export/Publish Movie > Add Html5 to Web Page with iFrame

This is typical code it creates:

<iframe src="http://xxx" width="854" height="530" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    Koolshow generated the code to display the ad.

When you try to say that it is a margin problem or padding (I refer to your stackoverflow links) why is the right 10 pixels missing if the ad is 468 pixels wide and the iframe is 600 pixels wide?