A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Multiple Cursor Selection

Multiple Cursor Selection

Hi all,

Fairly new to Animate, and my first post of many!

I was hoping someone can help as I can't seem to figure out how to accomplish the selection of multiple custom cursors.

I have created the cursors and can use them one by one in a movie, but what I would like to do is create a kind of 'toolbox' of different cursors - so that when the user clicks one, it changes the cursor to that selection.

I know it has to be something as simple as "on click -> change cursor", but I have been going round in circles and can't work it out.

Can anyone help please?

Many Thanks,

Chris.

Hi,

Mess around with this file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thankyou so much Fruitbeard.

That was just what I was looking for :-)

I noticed you placed the actions within the timeline - If its not too much trouble, could you show me how to place the actions into a custom class file and call it from the main document class please? (e.g. custom class 'toolbox.as', gets called from document class 'Main.as') - I would like to compare the two methods.

All your help is greatly appreciated (I have learnt so much just from playing with your cursor demo!)

Many Thanks,

Chris.

HI,

Already given you some bones, have a look here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...-another-class

there are also plenty of other pages documenting the very same things.

Fruitbeard,

I am well aware of the existence forums, their function - and how to use them (that is how I appeared here after all!)

As a beginner I have searched hundreds of forums for answers to assist my learning, (some things have been much trickier to accomplish without asking questions)

The link above does not really answer what I need to know (or maybe it does but as a beginner I just cannot see it)

For me to get my head round this, I would like to see an example with the .as embedded in the timeline, and the exact same example in its own separate class called from the main document class.

I think this will give me a better understanding of how it works than trying to cherry pick bits from several different sources.

Can anyone help with this please?

Many Thanks,

Chris.

Frltd,

Perhaps look at this link and create your own from scratch.
    Probably hetter to actually do it and learn as you do than just use one I or somebody else has already done.

https://www.kirupa.com/developer/as3...es_as3_pg1.htm

Good luck

Fruitbeard

Thankyou fruitbeard,

Although the information provided on that link is not what I am looking for.

It does not explain the differences between using embedded script on the timelime, or using a custom class file. It also does not show how to call a custom class from the document class and any differences there may be in syntax between the two methods.

Many Thanks,

Chris.

Hi,

Then this should give you the ammunition you need , your referencing was a good search.

[URL="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/370222/accessing-the-document-class-in-as3"]http://stackoverflow.com/questions/370222/accessing-the-document-class-in-as3[/URL therre are probably some good clues in the tutorials section or even the forums

Bingo!

I can see where I was going wrong, and it all makes sense now.

(Although, to be fair - I didn't know "instantiated" was real a word until today! )

Many thanks for the help, I have thrown a beer your way via the sig-link.

Chris.

Hi,

Thanks for the beer sir.

Perhaps you can share what you have achieved for all to see

Quote Originally Posted by frltd View Post
    I have thrown a beer your way via the sig-link.
    A sight so rare and beautiful ����
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2