A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MDM Zinc 4.0 - help needed...

Question MDM Zinc 4.0 - help needed...

I'm not sure anyone will be able to help here - I'm almost hoping the makers of the software see this - as it's now impossible to email them.

I'm a paying user of MDM Zinc 4.0 - which was stopped being worked on in 2014. But I still need it to create single file standalone exe files from swfs.

I had to format my pc - and I downloaded the drm free version of zinc from the website - but it won't accept my serial number - like it is almost still trying to contact their (now non-existent) server. This is something the drm free version is supppsed to disable.

Are there any users of this software still? Has anyone been able to get their serial number working with the drm free version?

After spending $400 on Zinc - I don't want to have to buy any other swf to exe software - when most of them aren't updated.

Is there any way to package a swf to an exe without flash player being needed in Adobe animate itself?

Thanks for reading! (It's a rant from 4 hours trying to get software to install that clearly doesn't want to install!)

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Sorry, I just saw this post. I'm not sure why, but it was flagged for moderation. It's approved now.

I'm not sure how much luck you're going to have getting assistance from MDM but maybe this will help...

This https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaspalsohal/ is Jaspal Sohal, who you knew as "Gambini". It's a long shot but you could contact him through LinkedIn and see if he is willing or able to help you out.

You probably remember Peter Blaze too? Well he is https://www.linkedin.com/in/peterblazejewicz/. If I had to put money on who'd be more willing to help, I'd put it on Peter.
    When your swf2exe tool just HAS to work
    there's only one choice... SWF Studio

Apologies for how long it's taken me to reply to this thread - I've been so busy with the accounts

Anyway - thank you so much to Northcode for all the amazing help and advice!

If anyone wants to convert swf to exe - I highly recommend swf studio! Probably the only swf conversion tool still being developed - and luckly the one that had all the features and requirements you could need anyway!

Thanks again for the help - as soon as my last few projects are complete - I'll purchase swf studio and get these 20 odd swfs converted.

Kind regards,

Although I know much too late, this may help someone with a similar issue in the future.

When activating Zinc 4.0, you must ensure to run the application as Administrator as per the following instructions.

After installing Zinc Builder, you MUST right-click on the desktop shortcut icon and select "Run as Administrator". This step MUST be carried out before attempting to install any Zinc 4.0 Plug-Ins.