A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Updating Label on List Component using custom ICellRenderer

resolved [RESOLVED] Updating Label on List Component using custom ICellRenderer

Hi,

I have a list component and I defined a custom ICellRenderer interface for it for a custom look and functionality. Everything works fine however I now need to be able to dynamically change the label (displayed text) for a given entry in the list. I update my data provider and try to call validateNow() to have it redraw and I get an error that drawNow is not defined in the cell renderer class. When I use a regular component (separate test fla) with no custom cell renderer and I do the same thing to update the data provider I can get it to display the new value by calling validateNow() however I can't get it to refresh/re-draw the list component with the custom ICellRenderer to reflect the new text for the label. How can I get it to re-draw the component using a custom ICellRenderer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is the error:
    ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property drawNow not found on ChatModuleListCell and there is no default value.
    at fl.controls::SelectableList/updateRendererStyles()
    at fl.controls::List/draw()
    at fl.core::UIComponent/validateNow()

i think has something to do with ordering of the styling and where you declare the new text/label.
    why you not attach fla see if i or somebody help.
    is easiest to see at most times

Thanks for the reply. I finally just decided to remove the item, update the values and then addItemAt to re- insert the item in the same spot in the list. Would of been nicer if I could of just called validate on the component but it gets the job done. Thanks for the help.