A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Audio overlaps from one scene to another...

Audio overlaps from one scene to another...

I have a short animation, I have one scene where a guy is walking, a symbol of a guy walking with audio of footsteps inside, the next scene is a different angle of the guy, another symbol of him with audio of footsteps,problem is the audio overlaps for 1 second or 2 into the next scene...which is driving me nuts..any idea of how to stop this?

Several questions. What version of flash are you using? How are you inserting the sound? Do you want to try to include actionscript or rely on the tools flash provides itself? I took a look and I noticed that if you insert the audio file into a keyframe directly, the option you'd want to play with would be 'sync'. It defaulted to 'Event' for me. You can set it to 'start' instead. This force flash to only play the sound one at a time. Then set 'effect' to custom. You can use that to control the sound level. There's a button to set the scale to the frame so you can tell when to cut the sound off.

Im using "ADobe Animate" https://imgur.com/a/ieOuA
    I dunno those are the setting I have, I have the walk cycle frames (there are many because in some he is blinking and others he is not) and on top I have individual foot stop sounds for each step. The problem is in the next scene, he is walking from the side, and maybe like 1-2 seconds of foot steps overlap into the new one so essentially your hear the foot steps doubled for 2 seconds.

Take a look at the 'Effect' and the 'Sync' settings. I think the sync settings would be for when to start the sound. Then you can use the effect setting to choose when to end it.