A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [FlashCS4] Tweened symbol autocamtically moving every time i open up my project

[FlashCS4] Tweened symbol autocamtically moving every time i open up my project

I'm using Flash CS4 on windows 7. Every time i talk about position I will always talk about the X axis.
    What i did was trying to use the old trick of making the entire stage a symbol so i can zoom in/zoom out anytime, but things got total bonkers at some point.

I made only 1 tweened symbol that is big at frame 1 (252%) and 26, then small at frame 27(120%). I started by animating inside of it aftrer double-clicking the first frame, then I clicked on frame 57 and kept working there so i have better awareness of where are the limits of the stage and how big things are ( it's actually a mess to try making a character enter the scene with things being as big as in frame 1...).

What i noticed is that after opening flash again my symbol moved to the left(both in frame 1 and 57 because apparently it's the tween that moves, not the symbol). I made some tests without figuring out what actually made it move - it really seems random because if i don't change anything i will always see my symbol in the same spot. However, even if it moves it will always be at 5650px according to the motion editor panel.

At some point it moveed out of the scene (while beign somewhere visible at frame 57) and i couldn't click on it but it was still at 5650px in the motion editor. I could however click on the layer(there's only one) and change the position of the tween in the properties panel to 9000(wasn't the limit 5650 in the motion editor?) so it would be visible again, then change the position of the symbol at frame 1 (which is a negative number? lol ).

At this point i'm afraid of making any change.

Is there a way to stop my symbol from beign an anarchist? =(

https://mega.nz/#!AFAz1LAY!PswVixhGR...ZrreaPiJXiqiLU This is the file i was working on btw. Had to upload it on MEGA because of size limits... I hope my explanation was understandable, because i'm not really english mothertongue .

There are two button for each layer. One hides everything on that layer, the other locks everything from modifications. I only glanced at what you were asking so if you want anything more then ask. This should help.

Well, i knew about the locking button, but i thought it didn't make sense because flash shouldn't move things on it's own in the first place(unless you use actionscript), so it could just ignore the fact that the layer is locked and do it's thing anyway.
    Though... it looks like it worked for now. I even went on with my animation for 200 frames =D.

Btw there's still something that bugs me. What if i forget to lock the layer up (or flash crashes like it always does ) and then, when I open up my project, the tween goes so far away that if i want to bring my characters back to the center of the stage (or somewhere visible with an 8% zoom-out, lol) I have to put a number in the properties tab that I can't put because it's over the limits? Am i screwed if that happens? =/
    Edit: I forgot to tell you, but as i said in the first post, i work inside that symbol (which i use to pan and zoom) so i unlock the layer when i work on it and then lock it up when i finish.

Anyway, thanks for the reply =).
    Last edited by MrCrostataH; 10-23-2017 at 02:24 PM.

The lock button isn't for flash, it's for you. To prevent you from modifying it.
    As for the positioning of things. One thing to keep in mind while positioning things is, flash has an absolute and a relative. When you're working inside a symbol you need to keep both of those in mind. Inside the symbol you'll see the relative position in the properties tab. If you're moving the whole symbol then that won't effect the relative numbers at all.
    Basically when you're working inside an object the position of things would be the absolute x/y + the relative x/y. It's like you have a secondary stage.

Well, i made another file and the symbol itself is not moving because it's position in the motion editor is always the same, but I noticed the anchoring point(or whatever it's called) keep getting farther and farther from the center of the symbol.
    The only way i keep things under control is by using the multiple frames button inside the symbol and move everything back where the stage is. At this point it's just a bug, because there's no reason for it to move only when i open the project up, not while i'm working on it.
    I'll animate stuff and make the "pan and zoom" symbol after i finished everything. That should solve. lol.

Could you share an example file of your problem? I'll take a look.

https://mega.nz/#!AJhzgSZS!yZQE5YOBX...nM34epDLXTtF7L Go ahead, my hero.
    Btw i basically fixed the anchoring point, then made the tween again because I removed it when i made the last post. It took a few days for something to happen.

BUT - I noticed something. It's the whole symbol that moved. I have a bit older save with another name where the symbol is at -6382.75(i'm talking about frame 1 but it applies to all frames), while in the newer it's at -7776.35.
    Also the first time i guess the anchoring point moved because i tried to move everything(inside of it) to the left and since the anchoring point doesn't move it appeared to the right edge. This time I actually didn't try moving stuff because I fixed the anchoring point first, thought the anchoring point is on the right edge of the symbol again. So... uhm... both inside and outside moved to the left?
    (if it is not called anchoring point, then it looks like a little circle and it's used during transformations).

Only thing different between the slightly older save and this one I see is - there is a background layer that i forgot to extend to the last frame. And i added a few zooms.
    Last edited by MrCrostataH; 11-11-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Two things, I can't download your upload. Also, I'll take a look but I might not be able to help you. I'm more into programming than animating. I'll take a look anyways. I'm pretty sure that the anchor point is for rotating the object more than anything.

Well, I always have the plan B i mentioned =/
    ttps://mega.nz/#!AJhzgSZS!yZQE5YOBXiRVgvmvdrv9CEWEYD_-nM34epDLXTtF7LY This is the actual link. I Missed a Y.

As I was looking at what you have I had two thoughts. 1) I don't have too much experience with animating. I probably won't be able to figure this out. 2) A possible solution could be to adjust things. Basically my idea is to reduce everything to 1/10th of it's size then use code to increase the size. Since you have everything inside a movieclip it should be a lot simpler. Are you familiar with actionscript at all?

That's not doable =/. I have to put the swf on adobe premiere to add decent audio and a bunch of other stuff that needs video editing. Premiere doesn't seem to read code as i saw some time ago trying to upload an animation in which i used 3d manipulation tools.
    Also, increasing the size of a symbol that contains a very small line oftenly makes the line look awkard (but not as awkard when the line is medium-sized).