A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on Windows 10

Your thoughts on Windows 10

I just upgraded an old win7 laptop to windows10

Time-consuming but relatively painless. I haven't run win10 through it's paces and most likely wont. Beyond work which is pretty much an in browser experience I don't use the laptop for much of anything.

Bump.

Jeepers, I figured some of you who return to the forum would like to start a new conversation. I guess not.

My thoughts here.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

well thanks for that. Once I can find my magnifying glass and decoder ring it will be a good read.

did you know that browsers scale large images to fit the screen? did you know that you can click them to scale back to 100% ?

it's just crash my email. Got to revert back to win 8
    Probably the best web hosting Company in Singapore
    Make A Name On The Web™

Numerous reports of it sending more data back to Microsoft than a user is made aware of made me decide to skip it.

actually there were reports that rumors of spyware are exaggerated. see https://systemoverlord.com/blog/2015...spying-on-you/. and this:

No NO,

I wait longer, window 11 might be best one to come

@Terrencing, you're fuɔked.

I know silly,

After 2 year of constan updateings it may as well probably be called window 15

I did the upgrade. First things first, you can limit quite a bit of the information; but not all. Want scary, try using a professional level firewall and capture all TCP/UDP traffic coming from each machine on your network. That can get scary, Microsoft is playing catchup if you were to truly ask me in that one regard. But paranoia will reign supreme - I can remember when Windows XP had included raw sockets and security experts were losing their collective **** about that.

With that said, I'm actually enjoying it. The improvements for desktop are more in-line with expectations for desktop users that loved Windows 7, but if you were a fan (which is highly unlikely) of Metro/Modern UI apps, you will feel left out. In fact, if you used Windows Phone (again, highly unlikely) then you will find familiarity with some of the secondary menus and actions.

As a creative, having the controls a bit more pushed out to the sides (smaller controls) is great. As a developer, the placement of files and certain things just feels wrong - but then again most of my dev lately has been on Mac and Linux this last decade.

Microsoft Edge reminds me of when Google Chrome first came out - all about being lightweight, fast and wouldn't work on some websites at all.

I like it, but have yet to recommend that my wife get it for her machine. It's gotten better since the launch, but I'm sure there's a slew of other issues around the corner since this release seems so damn rushed. UI is largely inconsistent though - that **** bothers me. Oh well... what say you lot?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Well how about this. The first thread in the lounge that isn't looking back in many a year.

I am impressed with what microsoft has done in the way of midi and audio. Although the industry has gotten stupid with bluetooth wireless midi which defeats all the advantages that Win10 has to offer. Had midi vendors adopted Starr labs approach to wireless midi then it might be something to look forward to. Thank god midi can still be routed via pci (usb is stupid for midi too) I also like the advances in dedicated cores for specific background functions.

Last edited by Frets; 09-02-2015 at 01:55 PM.

I might not be the best test case as I don't seem to have any use for the new features. It does seem just as stable as the last version and is slightly cooler looking. Other than that, it hasn't been as exciting as I hoped.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

I Don't like it at all.
    I have updated my main work computer to Windows 10 from 7 and I haven't found one thing I like about it.
    It's hideous and slow.
    I'm annoyed by the dull colors, blocky buttons, every icon that isn't just white on top of a dull colored square looks flat and dull.
    I cant believe how slowly it runs. I seriously have to wait 15 seconds just for calculator to load, then when it does its just some white squares.
    I'll be switching back to 7.
    Last edited by random25; 10-02-2015 at 03:05 PM.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

I am loving Windows 10. I also loved 7. This is the perfect desktop for me at the moment. If I'm being totally honest I have scaled back a bit of the nerd. I am I am still 100% but I don't tinker with too much stuff anymore. I pay for the whole adobe suite legit. It really is an amazing deal and I feel bad for...borrowing it for so many years.

I am now in over my head learning After Effects just for fun. Just started a trial over are lynda.com

welp....idk what else.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I just Upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 on my laptop. It's works perfect for me.

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

My computer came with windows 10 & without knowing it came with extra memory.

I love how fast the indexed search works in Windows 10. Only problem is after reinstalling I'm having to run my 3.5 mm audio jack out of my monitor because the motherboards output isn't working. I suspect the right driver will fix this but I haven't found it yet.
    subgenius.com