A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Looking for an old Flash animation that used to be on Flashkit

Question Looking for an old Flash animation that used to be on Flashkit

Dear all,

I'm looking for a very old Flash animation that I found on Flashkit well over a decade ago. I think it was called either Spaceship or Starship or just plain and simple Rocket, but I'm having no joy whatsoever finding it in the search facility.

It was a very simple animation of a rocket launching against an red/orange/mauve background which got progressively darker as it enters space. The background music is, I think, a commercial song also called 'Spaceship' or 'Starship' or 'Rocket' and my only memory of the band name is 'Avaro' or something similar - or perhaps not. I think the first line of the song that plays is along the lines of, "If you get higher...". I've done a general google search on band name & lyrics but to no avail.

Oh and at one point, it featured on the Flashkit homepage (whether this was just a script circulating entries or if it was actually 'featured' I don't know!)

Apologies for the sketchy description but the I always felt this short animation was really atmospheric and I'd love another look at it.

Many thanks for reading.

Tobo

---- UPDATE -----

Re-reading my post three days later and the name of the band/singer just popped into my head! It was Angie Aparo and the song was 'Spaceship'.

I still can't find it so does that song jog anyone's memory? I think this is the part where the animation started - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brmX...=youtu.be&t=38

Tobo