A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: KoolShow 2.2.6 released

Super Moderator

KoolShow 2.2.6 released

Changes can be viewed at http://www.koolmoves.com/kmwhatsnew.html#h-whats-new-ks

Use Help > Update Software

This is a free upgrade

Well, upgraded and now all my animations are broken.

Text items are not visible at all.

Period.

Black text on white, not visible.

Red text on black, not visible.

I don't use this program often, but when I use it I need it to work. Files which were produced on previous versions no longer function on this version.

When I try to recreate the file, I have the same issue ... text items are NOT VISIBLE AT ALL.
    Last edited by Dijenga; 02-28-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Super Moderator
    There was a significant change in the last version in how text is rendered -- "Changed rendering of on-stage text for Html5 export from direct rendering of font glyphs (used for Flash export) to Gdiplus rendering."

For some reason your environment is not supporting Gdiplus.

I will issue a new version with the ability to turn Gdiplus text rendering off.

If you email me, I will give you a link to the previous version.

Ah, not sure why there would be a problem but then again, I don't code. I still have every version I've downloaded. I'll just go back to 2.2.4 until it's fixed. Thanks

Super Moderator
    It would be helpful for me to know the font you used for the text and if there was anything special like transparency with the text. What Windows version are you using? If you haven't switched versions yet, please try text for Arial font.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    It would be helpful for me to know the font you used for the text and if there was anything special like transparency with the text. What Windows version are you using? If you haven't switched versions yet, please try text for Arial font.
    The font I was using was Verdana ... it was a file I had created with 2.2.3 and I wanted to make a change to the text. It isn't just the editing portion though, when I exported it, the text was still not visible in my web browser. I'll have to try on a different computer (my work computer) with a different connection to the internet, different processor (AMD vs Intel) and video (ATI vs Nvidia), laptop rather than desktop ... you know what I mean, maybe it's something about my configuration that is the problem.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Did you double check how you referenced the GDIplus software? It isn't working on this laptop either. Exact same results.

Super Moderator
    I had to take someone to the ER this morning so I have been tied up. I appreciate that you checked on multiple computers. It is really odd that is so finicky.

Super Moderator
    I released a new version which has an option in File > Preferences - Drawing/Selection to turn off Gdiplus text rendering.

Thanks for letting me know ... changing everything I do in web design (drop flash, change page design software, etc.), hopefully this will get lots of use soon.