Super Moderator

KoolMoves 9.8.1 released

Changes can be viewed at http://www.koolmoves.com/kmwhatsnew.html

Use Help > Update Software

video training

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    Changes can be viewed at http://www.koolmoves.com/kmwhatsnew.html

Use Help > Update Software
    Hi Bob. As a long time user of Koolmoves, it was nice to see the updates. Since I'm mostly creating websites in bootstrap, I haven't done much with Flash over the past several years. I had tried to convert to Flash to HTML5 but it was just too time consuming or didn't work right. I've always been a big believer in your program and would really like to keep using it. I was wondering if you have any video's that demonstrate how to create HTML5 animations - kind of a step by step? Thanks! Bruce

Super Moderator
    Thank you for the kind words. Conversion from a Flash movie to a Html5 movie is a problem if the Flash movie uses action-script based components, effects, filters, or custom scripting. I am working on elevating Html5 functionality to the level of Flash functionality but it will take quite a while. Macromedia/Adobe employed a team to create the high level of functionality that Flash provided.

There are Html5 effects but they currently aren't at the same level as the Flash effects and there isn't a one-to-one correspondence. I am now working on Html5 filters.

The gui is essentially the same for Flash movie development and Html5 movie development except for export and scripting. There is a common data format so a Flash movie can be exported as Html5 but stuff will be missing and vice versa.

Over the last few months, I created a series of slide show tutorials which can be swiped by page so you can go at your own pace. BTW, the slide shows were created in KoolMoves using the Jssor slide show export. The tutorials focus on Html5 rather than Flash, although a very large portion of the slide shows also apply to Flash export. They can be found at www.koolmoves.com/support.html.