A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: To the old timers who knew of Flash since forever, here is the nostalgic Studio 8 !

To the old timers who knew of Flash since forever, here is the nostalgic Studio 8 !

This video is really only of interest to old timers including yours truly who where there when Flash was still Macromedia Flash ;p
    The new guys would not care ;p
    To the good old times !

While I am at it, can ANYONE point me to an actually working archive of 2Advanced.com V3, the only one I saw is from a facebook video.

I don't care for their later works, version 3 is their best work ever, if you happen to have their actual swf even better, keep it for future generations.

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    1:18 damn 1.8k for disk, you put your brain on that, you show your game/app to your friends and no one buys it I bet.. good thing I skipped the buying it step and just put my brain into it (paid adobe like 120 for animate for a while for trying) but Id probably kill myself if I got the same result from spending 1.8k,study for years, and no app sale.

Thanks for suggesting that I kill myself, I will put it on the list of things to do.

But I'm sure that version would have been worth it if the amount of free to play users out there wouldn't care about buying in app stuff so much. That is really cool you just open that

Hi

seems a shame to open it, considering you could probably download it still.
    I started with Macromedia flash 3 in 1998 which was by no means the first version.

The link is a brief history of flash and versions Flash history

Here you can download flash 3 and others, whether they install and work i know not. http://www.oldversion.com/Macromedia

Maybe take a look here to see if 2advanced is still in there or not.
    http://www.koflash.com/ obviously not on a tablet or mobile unless you have some flash enabled device, but it's probably better to use a desktop or laptop for flash sites.

Here is a small piece on the v3 site https://www.behance.net/

Thank you for those snapshots ! V3 of 2Advance is so beautiful.

Hi,

this is the nearest I can find to v3, bits are missing as it is not live anymore.

2advanced v3

same for v4

2advanced v4

they dont seem as good without all the content and seem smaller too

Are you able to download the swf for the v3 ? I have no idea how to do that.
    Nobody cares about v4 but thanks !

Hi

The main frame swf files are within the page links, you might want to visit and then explore your cache after, not all of the site is there as it's old now.
    From the two links v4 looks better in my eyes, however, the main visual parts are missing due to them being external files probably.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Bracer View Post
    Thanks for suggesting that I kill myself, I will put it on the list of things to do.
    interesting concept. if you put that near the top, you won't have to do any other things below. way to clean up your todo list fast!
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

You are.....not wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbeard View Post
    Hi

The main frame swf files are within the page links, you might want to visit and then explore your cache after, not all of the site is there as it's old now.
    From the two links v4 looks better in my eyes, however, the main visual parts are missing due to them being external files probably.

X
    Are you able to download the V3 swfs ? Even just two of them ? The intro is what I would like to have, don't care about the insides.

As I say before, visit the link you wish and then look through your internet cache.
    It will be easier if you used i explorer, clear cache first then visit and search your cache after.
    I'm sure you can do that x

I especially see people like bracer on freelancer because a lot of the users are Chinese and they start calling other guys babe and stuff and now fruitbeards doing it to. https://www.freelancer.com/

Hi

You should start to get used to it Alloy hun.
    It's a mere form of cordiality, nothing sexual about it one bit.

By the way, it is "too" and not "to" when you referred to "fruitbeards doing it to"

Do take care my dear dear man