dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Anyone from the old gang still lurking around

Anyone from the old gang still lurking around

wazzzaaap....you guys alive ..that damn forum still is for sure...lol..
    Mad-Sci

PS: kill me cant remember my log in password...its been what...10 years since I logged in here...damn.

Woah! You have come after 10 years!! that's a pretty long time you aren't here. I am new here. can you share with us how was the environment here at that time? is it same or the forum was more active than today?

I was one of the first that registered actually in 2000. Back then Flashkit was the Facebook and Tweeter. I could not wait to getup in the morning have my coffee and check the replies. I was moderator of the Games Forum togher with PopeDeFlash and FlashGuru...wonder what happen to them. I know Pope wrote a book about gaming and ActionScript.

PS: I found one of my very early movies ...http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Effec...-325/index.php

he he he wow...

I still pop in and look around every once in a while.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Hmm. Started around 2000? I'll just pop in as being fairly senior.

Hell yeah I'm here! I'm here every day, check in at 15x a day, hoping for new posts!

JK, haven't been here in years. I pop in once in a blue moon. To answer your question Natalie, yes...this place used to be the shizz. There were dozens of new threads a day in the coffee lounge, thousands of active members here during 2000-2005.
    It was a big deal to be a moderator. Flash was HOT then, the next big thing on the interwebs. Your website wasn't worth a dime unless it had a nice long obnoxious flash intro. 2advanced.com (RIP) and EgoMedia were Gods to us. The coffee lounge was a hot place for discussion of everything, politics, news whatever - none of it related to Flash. Message boards were the best, then social media came around and ruined everything!
    Last edited by Visionray; 07-12-2019 at 08:56 PM.

and FlashGuru...wonder what happen to them
    I think flash guru wrote an angry post about leaving the flash to live on remote island or something. that was like 10 years ago, too
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2