A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: estimated value of a webpage ?

Hi fellow flashers,

I just graduated from high school, and some company contacted me 'cause they wanted me to make a website for them. Now, it's no prob making the site, but I'm still young and unexperienced so I don't know huw much I have to ask. They will pay the webhosting, so they 'll only have to pay for my flash'services'.

I've uploaded it to a temporary place
    Boortmalt

Would someone please have a look at it and tell me how much I should ask? Keep in mind that I'll still have to tune up the artwork, and will have to remake it in Spanish too (and integrate into html).

I've worked on it for something like a week. I'm not sure, but I heard from a friend who works there that they were thinking on spending sth about 700$. Is that fair?

Any constructive criticism would be great to.

Thx

FK Bored Crew

Neat!

Hey, really nice job!

Now the constructive criticism...I really liked the graphics and animation and overall design. However I didn't know what "EN" was, and it wasn't a link and I didn't think about clicking on the flag for a moment...maybe explain what "EN" is or make it a link, too.

And when I did click on the flag, it just brought up a blank screen...is just that one movie all you needed to do/were contracted for?

As for what to charge, consider how many hours you put into it, and multiply by what you think you're worth per hour.

Other than the critique, GREAT JOB! I really liked it

-fishee

'EN' stands for English, if you move your mouse over the Union Jack (British Flag) A small text appears underneath it saying 'Continue in English'... Thought that was pretty obvious Anyway, thx for teling me that.

No, that's not all, it's supposed to load another movie then (it goes to the next scene, where a load movie command is executed). It loads fine in my browser. Nice to know it doesnt with everybodys.

This is the page that is supposed to be loaded:
    menu

How much to charge... my formula goes something like this for free-lance work:

Number of hours (total creation, consulting, etc..) x how much I charge per hour + any expenses I incur due to the the project (such as driving my car to meet a client, phone bills, etc.).

$700 sounds fair for this project as long as you don't spend another week and a half tweaking it out for them (this is assuming a 40 hr work week).

A design note: Due to the fact that your movies scales to the browser size, the thumbnailed images distorted a bit. Maybe label them for clarity.

FK Bored Crew

Will flash for food!

Patrick......you own a car?!?

Wish I could flash good enough to afford one.....hehehehe

-fishee