A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Button levels

I am designing a web page for a business and I need to have buttons with a second level. See I am not sure on how to make a second set of buttons that come off the first set when clicked. Please help me with this so I can continue working on the site.

What u need to do is consult the help files in Flash under the help menu on the menu bar. Just go to the tutorials and view the one on buttons and menu items, this will sort your problem out quickly.

Given that there are lessons provided with Flash specifically for this scenario I am not surprised that no-one has responded.

Reply to button levels

In reply to what you wrote I went to the button leason and went through the lesson and it did not help it was no where near what I am looking for. Under movies there is a navigation interface that has what I am looking for and I downloaded it and tried to understand what was going and it was over my head I need some one to explain to me how to make second levels with an example thank you trieing.

Lisa

do you mean a pull down menu type of thing?

if so then you need to put a movie clip with a button within the first level button.

Judging by your reply u seem a little crest fallen by the lack of response. I am sorry that I didn't help u much, but there are a lot of examples and references around for buttons with menu items, however it may be a bit much for a newbie.

Send me yer email address and I will send u a small example with some notes, made especially for you u lucky lucky li'l duck.

Hope I can help u out, as menus can be cool and a lot of fun when u get the hang of them, very useful for complex menus and navigation, or sites etc which have loads of content.

do like this:

On (Press)
    Go to and Stop (2)
    ...other action...
    End On

in (2) you place the highlighted button.
    same thing here:

On (Press)
    Go to and Stop (1)
    ...other action...
    End On